Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
OOT type neighborhood in Lakewood?
1  2  Next

purity

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 9:26 am
Still looking for the pot of gold...looking for a neighborhood in Lakewoid that has OOT type kehila- a shul with a Rav, warm and friendly, upper elem/ middle school age kids. Basically a place where my husband will have a place to daven, learn, have a Rav, feel like part of community. Exist??

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 9:30 am
Toms river

treestump

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 9:47 am
amother wrote:
Toms river

I came on here to post that. I have some relatives who wanted to feel like they were part of a warm, accepting community, and they are very happy there.

purity

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 9:50 am
Is it very upscale though? We're trying to downsize.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 9:54 am
Maybe ask about r.Walkins shul on Clearstream. Not sure about community per se but shul and the rav appear to be warm and friendly. We lived in Lakewood for a number of years and moved to a different neighborhood recently, in Jackson actually. It's half an hour walk from my house and my husband started going to shul and liking it, bli ayin hara.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 9:55 am
purity wrote:

Looking to buy or rent?
If buying Flair in Jackson has smaller and more affordable houses, in low and mid 300-s.
Smaller meaning not 3000sf but around 2000.

purity

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 10:08 am
Initially to rent. Even though it's a huge hassle to move, we don't want to lock in anywhere until we've had time to find our place. It took us a few years to find the right shul where we are now. My husband is really wary about finding a place where he'll feel comfortable and ironically he doubts that lakewood will offer a place for him to continue to shteig and grow. I am pretty sure there is such a place.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 10:29 am
how old are you and dh?

purity

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 10:39 am
Mid- late 40's. We have a married daughter in Lakewood. Our youngest is in 4th grade.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 12:05 pm
purity wrote:

In toms river the houses are big and around 600k.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 12:35 pm
Im also looking for an out of town like neighborhood in lakewood where ppl are very friendly and accepting and was wondering what toms river was like.
Is it a place where anyone would fit in?
Would like to find a place where working plain frum not yeshivish guys fit in too and feel comfortable.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 1:13 pm
I thought Toms River\Jackson areas were very young - not a lot of middle school \ high school age kids.

What about New England Village, Sunset - James area - Rabbi Gissinger Shul..

Or along Central Ave - Rabbi Irons or Rabbi Halpern come to mind but there are also others, also some very nice smaller shuls there. its a mixed middle age crowd with all ages mixed in, mixes of all different types of people and lower central area is very laid back with no keeping up with the Jones at all.

But housing like all of Lakewood is expensive, even if the homes are not large or new.

purity

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 1:26 pm
Very helpful - thx!

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 3:00 pm
Raintree!! I know a few families - couples are in their 40's, 50's and they recently moved from Brooklyn. The houses there are VERY affordable and not huge.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 1:52 pm
Pitney

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 2:30 pm
Maybe Raintree.

Recently people have been moving into the area in Lakewood or Jackson near the Jackson co-op, like Brewers Bridge area, with high-school kids. I know there's a shul there, and it's diverse, warm and friendly. Maybe worth looking into.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 2:30 pm
amother wrote:
Pitney

No shul with a Rav there, is there? Only a minyan in someone's house.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 5:02 pm
You're right, missed the part about rav. Was just thinking about the crowd.

livinginflatbus

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 6:31 pm
I was in Lakewood for part of sukkos in a super duper yeshivish development. Just out of curiosity , don't people want a mix of types? It seemed like everyone dressed the same , their kids the same and acted the same. Don't they want diversity?

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 7:03 pm
I was in Lakewood for part of sukkos in a super duper yeshivish development. Just out of curiosity , don't people want a mix of types? It seemed like everyone dressed the same , their kids the same and acted the same. Don't they want diversity?

which development? I find that there are chassidim mixed with yeshivish in the developments so I am curious which one is all yeshivish.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating