Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Do you ever get the creeps...

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 10:54 am
When you walk into someone's house.
Husband and wife seemed to not like each other very much.
The husband was playing with my baby who was in my arms which I found completely inappropriate and awkward.

We couldn't wait to leave.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 10:55 am
Maybe it was a bad time and they had just had an argument. Maybe the baby was just a distraction.

tichellady

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 11:02 am
That doesn't sound creepy just a bit awkward. I would assume they were going through something difficult at the moment

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 11:07 am
Yes it was awkward. I think I got the creeps from the husband who I felt was stroking my back Banging head

doctorima

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 11:45 am
I'm confused - he was playing with a baby in your arms (awkward), or he was stroking your back (halachically forbidden, and completely inappropriate)?

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 11:54 am
amother wrote:
Yes it was awkward. I think I got the creeps from the husband who I felt was stroking my back Banging head

Did he really stroke your back?

imasinger

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 11:54 am
Sounds pretty creepy to me.

If I were holding a baby, and felt some guy too near or touching my back, I'd take the baby and move out of reach very quickly, saying something apologetic about being done with playtime.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 12:16 pm
Ii can't say exactly what happened because he was behind me, but it was weird and he definitely touched me. It wasn't my imagination. I looked desperately at my dh who grabbed the baby from my arms .

I try avoid this person at all costs. I always get a funny feeling about him. Unfortunately I couldn't refuse the invitation but I won't go back there in a hurry.

It was unsettling.
sometimes . you walk into a house and immediately feel comfortable. Sometimes there is an uneasiness that cannot be explained. (Sometimes it can)
Dh and I both sensed dysfunction. The husband also just left the table for long intervals which k find strange when you are hosting guests?!
We survived the 'ordeal' and it really made me appreciate what I have. I did appreciate the invitation and the effort but I won't do b that again in a hurry.

MrsDash

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 12:23 pm
Situation- awkward. Her husband stroking your back - creepy
shock

PassionFruit

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 2:08 pm
I say intuition was given to you for your protection, and you should never push a creepy feeling away. My mother had a creepy feeling about a rabbi in our neighborhood, even though everyone thought he was wonderful. a decade after I blew up at my mother that she was being unreasonable for not allowing me to play at his house, he was arrested for child [filth]. He never did anything directly to her, she just didn't trust him.

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 2:08 pm
amother wrote:
Ii can't say exactly what happened because he was behind me, but it was weird and he definitely touched me. It wasn't my imagination. I looked desperately at my dh who grabbed the baby from my arms .

I try avoid this person at all costs. I always get a funny feeling about him. Unfortunately I couldn't refuse the invitation but I won't go back there in a hurry.

It was unsettling.
sometimes . you walk into a house and immediately feel comfortable. Sometimes there is an uneasiness that cannot be explained. (Sometimes it can)
Dh and I both sensed dysfunction. The husband also just left the table for long intervals which k find strange when you are hosting guests?!
We survived the 'ordeal' and it really made me appreciate what I have. I did appreciate the invitation and the effort but I won't do b that again in a hurry.

Absent the other things, the bolded could just mean the man was suffering an attack of intestinal distress. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. But if a person gives you the creeps, the sensible thing to do is to avoid his company, regardless of the state of his bowels.

momofqts

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 2:21 pm
I stay far away from pple I find creepy!

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 6:25 pm
Did you by any chance happen to eat at my parents' house?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 1:39 am
amother wrote:
Did you by any chance happen to eat at my parents' house?

Unless you are very young and unmarried I highly doubt it.
Hope that is a relief for you!

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 9:02 am
if he was stroking the baby - why do you feel like comparing it to stroking you ... the 2 are quite different scenarios
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics