Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
My toddler is always on me! Help!!

thegiver

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 4:53 pm
I can't stand being touched! I'm working on myself but she always sits on my lap or is too close for comfort--I'm working on myself bec I know kids NEED touch--any tips from moms who are also touch sensitive? I really want to be there for her but....it makes me so tense

She specifically loves touch tickles hugs kisses and I make time for those things (bedtime) but I hate telling her no when I'm talking to someone or eating a meal Etc

How do I make myself more available to be touched without getting enervated

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 5:18 pm
If you give her what she needs, she will ask for less. When you don't, she gets overly touchy. Try for three solid days to not only respond when she climbs on your lap, but hold her hand when you are walking, give a random hug at the dinner table, rub her feet at bedtime.

I am not a touchy person. My son's primary love language is touch. I do it because I want him to feel loved and grow up healthy, and words and quality time don't mean much to him. Just do it, it is so, so important.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics