Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
The Jewish Woman's Weekly Planner
1  2  Next

Motek

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 10:36 pm
Quote:
without a creative-organized plan it is virtually impossible to bring everything together. So I started thinking about creating a Jewish woman's planner with features that would capture the unique aspects of a Jewish life and home and provide inspiration, too. I wanted to produce a book with recipes as delicious as anything Martha Stewart would do, but kosher. I wanted organizing tips for my Jewish life, not for someone else's ? and I imagined many other Jewish women would love such a book, too. When we combine our creative talents with an organized plan of action we will truly enjoy the fruits of our labor.

http://www.aish.com/family/coo.....r.asp

an article adapted from Devorah Rosen Goldman's forthcoming "The Jewish Woman's Weekly Planner 2007-8: + Creative Ideas for Inspired Jewish Living"

TammyTammy

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 10:40 pm
Why does a plan have to be "creative" in order to bring everything together? Are old planning methods not valid for "bringing things together?"

Tammy

creativemommyto3

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 1:25 am
b/c doing housework can sometimes be tedious and downright boring! Very Happy

Tila

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 12:23 pm
I was disappointed by this "daytimer". It was shlocky, and uninspiring. I was sorry I bought it. am looking for a "daytimer" that is realistic to the orthodox woman's life including keeping track of one's period, and count down to pesach(with lists) and other food related holidays. Also a place to list kids schedules, appointments, shopping needs, etc. I want to plan one of these, but I have no buissness background. Anyone have a similar intrest?

karen berzon

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 3:08 pm
Tila, your idea for a daytimer sounds amazingly useful, maybe if we revive this thread the buisness head that you were looking for might appear

chaylizi

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 3:11 pm
I'll buy one Tila

karen berzon

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 3:16 pm
If we each put in our orders, Tila might be able to start a business

Tila

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 7:17 pm
I have not given up on it!!! I was going to approach the mikveh and use it as a fund raiser here, but if you guys have a way that I can make it north american friendly (not just mtl que times) or no sundown times at all. I have the pesach section worked out, and the miveh chart is as well, but I need a buissness minded person. anyone out there???

square_peg

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 7:54 pm
At work we've done custom calendars. We dealt with Datamax (212) 693-0933 x 1... contant name Saul Wasser. I think he can include all the times and everything, and probably has access to alot of different types of databases. I havent dealt with him in years, but give it a shot.

Mom2Three

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 8:55 pm
Tila wrote:
I was disappointed by this "daytimer". It was shlocky, and uninspiring. I was sorry I bought it. am looking for a "daytimer" that is realistic to the orthodox woman's life including keeping track of one's period, and count down to pesach(with lists) and other food related holidays. Also a place to list kids schedules, appointments, shopping needs, etc. I want to plan one of these, but I have no buissness background. Anyone have a similar intrest?

I bought it as well and didn't like it at all. Total waste of money. I'd totally buy one like what you're talking about!

Tila

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 11:46 am
Who do I contact without my idea being stolen??? And I have faith in you all....! I do!!

Amital

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 7:06 am
Any new thoughts on this?

I'm looking for a planner already, and want ideas or recommendations. I have the Mom's Plan-it planner for this past year, and really like the tear off to do list/ shopping lists, but would prefer something with Jewish content. (Not candlelighting times, since I rely o our shul's calendar, but written in dates of holidays, pesach planner mentioned above, etc...)

Any thoughts?

shalhevet

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 8:25 am
TammyTammy wrote:
Why does a plan have to be "creative" in order to bring everything together? Are old planning methods not valid for "bringing things together?"

Tammy

Men should stay out of discussions on organizing.

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 1:00 pm
shalhevet wrote:
TammyTammy wrote:

Tammy

huh? Tammy is a man??!

Tila

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 2:46 pm
I hhave the mom planner too!! I got it at the dollar store!! I am still working on the planner. Not for this year (maybe).

Crayon210

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 6:25 pm
shalhevet wrote:
TammyTammy wrote:

Tammy

Rolling Laughter

That should have been such a dead giveaway!

Only a man would talk like that about organizing!

LOL

Apple pie

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 6:39 pm
I was not going to open this thread at all, because I'm not so much into organization (gave up a long time ago Wink ), but I'm glad I did, because I had a good laugh!!!!

ILOVELIFE

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 8:56 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
shalhevet wrote:
TammyTammy wrote:

Tammy

Rolling Laughter

That should have been such a dead giveaway!

Only a man would talk like that about organizing!

LOL

ok call me slow or blame it on pg hormones-- but answer yes or no- Tammy is a man or was her answer just 'manly'?

bashinda

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 9:30 pm
Tammy was a man whose wife is on imamother remember so we shouldn't really embarrass that amother anymore who, thankfully, is anonymous. Anyway he came up with two accounts suedanym or something and TammyTammy whereupon the two creations argued against each other. Then Yael discovered the truth. Real melodrama in real imamother life.

mimivan

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 11:02 pm
It took a lot of creative organization (and perhaps the Jewish woman's weekly planner) to maintain that facade! LOL

One thing I like about Tammy...she did start the sequential thread title thread...so it wasn't entirely in vain.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics