Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Eating and Sleeping of 8 month old

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 11:59 am
I'm looking for examples of a daily schedule for an 8 month old. Mine is not nursing at all but eats a lot of real food and takes bottles of formula. So if your 8 month old takes formula and food, can you share when and what and how much (like oz/ml or a 1/2 cup of carrots/pasta or whatever)? And also when and how much he/she sleeps would be helpful. Thank you so much!

Iymnok

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 12:06 pm
Dd 10mo sleeps 9-6, waking between 11 and1 to nurse.
A nap in the morning for 3 hours, sometimes a catnap in the afternoon.

I just started her on food now, so can't help you there.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 12:33 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Dd 10mo sleeps 9-6, waking between 11 and1 to nurse.
A nap in the morning for 3 hours, sometimes a catnap in the afternoon.

I just started her on food now, so can't help you there.

Thank you! Do you find the catnapaffects nighttime sleep? Do you try to avoid it after a certain time or anything, or just let her sleep if she seems tired whenever?

Iymnok

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 1:11 pm
That's why it's a catnap! I wake her after 20 min to not disturb my evening schedule.
She doesn't need it everyday.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 1:51 pm
I think a lot of babies sleep more than that.
Altogether that's only 12 hours.
At that age I think they can sleep 12 hours in night and often still have two sleeps in the day.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 2:16 pm
The "rule" for under 15 months is 15 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period- my baby at that age slept from 7pm-7am and napped from 9am-10 or 10:30am and then napped again from 1-3/3:30pm. She had 32oz a day of formula a day spread out between waking up in the morning and from naps and going to bed, which I think is on the higher end but didn't eat much until after a year.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 2:22 pm
amother wrote:
The "rule" for under 15 months is 15 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period- my baby at that age slept from 7pm-7am and napped from 9am-10 or 10:30am and then napped again from 1-3/3:30pm. She had 32oz a day of formula a day spread out between waking up in the morning and from naps and going to bed, which I think is on the higher end but didn't eat much until after a year.

Agree that's a little on the high end for formula intake. When mine was that age she took 26-28 oz a day (and are 1-2 small meals a day)

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 3:22 pm
amother wrote:

My 9 mo is on a similar sleep schedule. She's on three meals a day but she has been less interested in food lately. She's half on bottles/half bf.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 12:55 am
my 8 month old goes to sleep around 6:45-7:20 depending on the night and wakes up around 6am. He takes two naps during the day that usually last around 45-60 minutes each (one at around 8, the other around 12:30).
He nurses so I can't help you with formula amounts, but he nurses 3 times a day. He is SO chubby so I don't know if he's getting too much milk, too much solids, or not enough exercise or a combination of the above.

today his food intake:
nursed
breakfast- around3/4 a string cheese and around 1/2 cup of cheerios
lunch- around 4oz plain yogurt with around 1/2oz pear puree baby food mixed in
nursed
dinner- 3 tbsp rice cereal mixed with breastmilk
nursed

some days he eats more at meals. Some days he eats more "real" food like meatloaf or salmon or broccoli and cheese. I'm also so curious how much others feed their babies. I never know if I'm giving my baby too much or not enough! I feel like he'd just keep eating and eating and don't know if it's good to give him an entire box of cheerios or to just limit it to a certain amount. Luckily we have a doc appointment soon and I'll be able to ask.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics