Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Oral surgeon in Brooklyn for kids?

flowerpower

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 6:11 pm
Whos the best? My son needs an exposure. The orthodontist recommended either Hertz or Hirshfield. Anyone information on either one of them?

asmileaday

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 6:19 pm
Do you mean extraction?

flowerpower

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 6:24 pm
No. He had that last time. This is a different procedure

asmileaday

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 6:35 pm
Ok I don't know what that is so I can't help you with that aspect.
My experience with Dr. Hertz was very off putting (because he insisted on sedation and got annoyed with my questioning). But that was for an extraction and I hear other offices are worse. At least he's friendly and talks to the kids easily.

Last edited by asmileaday on Wed, Sep 28 2016, 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

cnc

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 7:32 pm
I had an excellent experience for myself at Dr. Hertz. Dr. Hirshfeld is also supposed to be very good.

Simplemom

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 10:15 pm
My daughter needed a baby tooth extraction. We went to one oral surgeon and when she started crying because she was nervous, he told us hes not doing it and we had to leave. We then went to Dr. Hertz and he was great! He was very calm and told her its very simple. It took him three seconds and we were done. I would definitely recommend him.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 10:44 pm
Simplemom wrote:
My daughter needed a baby tooth extraction. We went to one oral surgeon and when she started crying because she was nervous, he told us hes not doing it and we had to leave. We then went to Dr. Hertz and he was great! He was very calm and told her its very simple. It took him three seconds and we were done. I would definitely recommend him.

How long ago was this? Did he not make you sign a permission form for sedation?

Simplemom

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 11:04 pm
It was about 2 months ago. She did not need to be sedated. He just gave her a novocaine shot. It was an extra tooth that grew behind her set of teeth and was sticking out so maybe it wasnt as complicated of a procedure.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 11:09 pm
Simplemom wrote:
It was about 2 months ago. She did not need to be sedated. He just gave her a novocaine shot. It was an extra tooth that grew behind her set of teeth and was sticking out so maybe it wasnt as complicated of a procedure.

Very interesting. Maybe he changed his policy? The last time I was there was over a year ago. He told me it's his policy. No work on kids without sedation.
My kids are very calm and well behaved. I was disturbed by this.
Again, he did good work and was calming to the kids.
He was not very nice to me, like I'm some pesky fly getting in the way of him poking my kid with a needle unnecessarily.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 11:49 pm
Great experience at Dr. Hertz. (immediate fam and other relatives used him) When I first walked into the office, though, I got scared, bec it doesn't seem so professionally run and organized. But once you see the doc, you can tell he knows what he's doing.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 11:53 pm
Dr. Hertz is amazing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries