Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Moisture cure or polyurthane

imamom7

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 4:14 pm
I want to do my floors and everyone is telling me to do moisture cure because it lasts much longer. The flooring guy said he doesnt recommend it because it glossier and doesnt look as nice and is really toxic. Please share your experience.

tweety1

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 5:50 pm
My mother got asthma from moisture cure. Its extremely unhealthy. Its not fair to you, your family and even your neighbors.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 7:09 pm
imamom7 wrote:
I want to do my floors and everyone is telling me to do moisture cure because it lasts much longer. The flooring guy said he doesnt recommend it because it glossier and doesnt look as nice and is really toxic. Please share your experience.

Don't do the one that smells toxic, I thought that was the polyurethane but maybe its the other one. Our neighbors did it and it was hard to breathe, coughing, nasuea ,smelled toxic for days, it was horrible.

HelloG

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 9:35 pm
Either way, make sure it's water based so you don't have the toxic unbearable smell

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 9:46 pm
Moisture Cure is very dangerous. You don't want to hear the stories I can tell. It has made people sick for life.
Polyurethane is toxic enough. You still need to move out for more than a week, and give notice to neighbors in the same structure as you so they can move out too. Just turning on a flame in the neighbor's apartment can ignite the chemicals in the air from a lower floor apartment and cause untold headaches, sinus infections, stiff necks. Even a week later. And that's just polyurethane, and something that can't be avoided.
So go with the polyurethane.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics