Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Corned beef-Help please!

aimhabanim

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 9:44 pm
I ordered a corned beef for yom tov but what I got is a corned beef brisket I.e. not pickled or spiced in any way. How do I cook it? I have only made the pickled kind before. Will this taste very different?

lkwdmom2

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 9:48 pm
boil it in water for 2 hours
then cool and slice

then warm up for 20 min in a sauce before serving

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 9:49 pm
If it says "corned" then it's pickled.

Cook it the way you would your regular corned beef recipe.

I used to buy corned beef from a store that had lots of pickling spices on the meat.

I also panicked the first time I bought corned beef and couldn't see the pickling spices. But it's there ... just not visible. If it wouldn't be then it would be a regular brisket. Once the pickling spices are put on, it's considered "corned".

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 10:13 pm
Sometimes they don't pack it still with all the spices around it but that doesn't mean it wasn't pickled.

mochacoffee

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 11:45 pm
Like the other posters said, if it said corned on the package that means pickled. I once asked the butcher at Moisha's discount how to cook any corned piece of meat, (Someone wise once told me if you want to know how to get the best tasting meats, ask the butcher. They always know how to cook it too) he said to put it in a tin pan, cover the entire piece with water, cover the pan, and bake for about 3 hours. It comes out perfect every time. Usually the pickling makes it very salty so make sure to cook with a lot of water.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics