Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Baby Fashion by Mommy3b2c
  Previous  1  2  3 25  26  27 37  38  39  Next

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 9:41 pm
amother wrote:
Frum stores cater to frum families. Some frum communities have, and will always have, a set way of dressing that will not reflect the trends outside of that community. As an example, sweater vests. Sweater vests are not a trend in the greater population. They aren't a trend in frum population who wears them either - they are just 'what little boys wear'.

mommy3b2c (and apologies to her if I get this wrong) likes to dress her boys in fashion forward clothing - and has been giving people here advice on fashion forward clothing..and as applicable, tznius fashion forward clothing.

I can't comment on the specifics of argyle within the community who wears sweater vests.

I do love fashion forward clothing, and it is true that in the secular world, argyle vests are still done, as well as in the chassidish world. But as european fashion goes, they are completely "out" and have been so for a while.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 9:42 pm
amother wrote:
I love this dress for my five year old but what do I do about the short sleeves? Shell under is out and I don't like a cardigan on top
http://us.nextdirect.com/en/g752364s9#984259

The honest truth is, the only way to keep this sdress stylish and tnius is with a cardigan. A pastel pink or light grey would be beautiful.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 9:43 pm
amother wrote:
For 5 yo girl, is this classic? Or nerdy?

https://www.macys.com/shop/pro.....%3D79|BS|BA%26slotId%3D142

To be honest, this style is quite outdated. I don't like to use the word nerdy, but I would not put this on my little girl.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 9:50 pm
amother wrote:
So, I'm making progress, I'm adjusted to the shirt and leggings combo for Shabbos for a 2 yr old girl.... moving away from dresses...
But:

1. What about socks and shoes? Do the socks contrast, or are they the same color as the leggins? Frilly? Lacy? Or subtle?

2. What is in for spring summer hair accessories? I have a bunch of little bows (she's not so into headbands), I'm assuming we're not doing feather and fur pom poms for the summer?

Thanks so much!!

A plain sock like this is much more in than frills. Always match socks to pants and not to tops.

https://www.doubleheaderusa.co......aspx

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 9:50 pm
bargainlover wrote:
Blush amother can you please post what yu put together for your 2 yr old?

Didn't really put anything together yet, my questions were theoretical (and I'm bumping them now:)

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 9:51 pm
amother wrote:
So, I'm making progress, I'm adjusted to the shirt and leggings combo for Shabbos for a 2 yr old girl.... moving away from dresses...
But:

1. What about socks and shoes? Do the socks contrast, or are they the same color as the leggins? Frilly? Lacy? Or subtle?

2. What is in for spring summer hair accessories? I have a bunch of little bows (she's not so into headbands), I'm assuming we're not doing feather and fur pom poms for the summer?

Thanks so much!!

bump Smile these are theoretical questions, not for any specific outfit...

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 9:52 pm
are mandarin collars okay for boys?

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 9:53 pm
amother wrote:
Mommy 3b2c, what kind of footwear for 3 year old boys for the summer? saltwater sandals? camper sneakers? colorful moccasins? Toms? I'm assuming none of those, so what is this years "thing", and can I get it on Amazon?

This is the look that I go for:

http://www.gap.com/browse/prod.....02002

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 9:54 pm
Hi everyone,

I know I haven't really been asnwering everyones quesions. I have been crazy busy with my photo shoot. Bh its over, so if you have any questions that went unanswered, just bump them up and I will do my best. Remember, be as specific as possible. thanks!

pause

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 9:57 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I do love fashion forward clothing, and it is true that in the secular world, argyle vests are still done, as well as in the chassidish world. But as european fashion goes, they are completely "out" and have been so for a while.

I haven't seen argyle vests/sweaters (on boys, girls or women) in 6 years.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 10:02 pm
what kind of footwear would you do for a 3 year old (small) girl?

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 10:09 pm
amother wrote:
Frum stores cater to frum families. Some frum communities have, and will always have, a set way of dressing that will not reflect the trends outside of that community. As an example, sweater vests. Sweater vests are not a trend in the greater population. They aren't a trend in frum population who wears them either - they are just 'what little boys wear'.

mommy3b2c (and apologies to her if I get this wrong) likes to dress her boys in fashion forward clothing - and has been giving people here advice on fashion forward clothing..and as applicable, tznius fashion forward clothing.

I can't comment on the specifics of argyle within the community who wears sweater vests.

Lol! Thanks for your detailed explanation!

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 10:11 pm
amother wrote:
Mommy3b2c, any recommendations for YT dresses for a 5-year-old that will cover her knees? She's average height, I often buy her size 6 to get the knee coverage though she is really a size 5. Ok with either sleeveless (I'd put a shell under- sorry!) or long-sleeve. She looks good in subtle, muted colors and likes floral prints. Looking to spend under $20-25. Thanks so much!

Bump Smile

I'm also looking for long-sleeve everyday shirts and everyday skirts that will cover the knees- same goes for colors.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 10:19 pm
amother wrote:
Also, what do you think of this for shabbos for 5 yo girl?

http://www.zara.com/us/en/kids......html

and if yes, can you do a black shell under? funny to put a cardigan over a sweater no?

bump Smile

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 10:55 pm
amother wrote:
bump Smile

Cardigan definitely wont work. I like the sweater but personally I would skip it if she cant do shortsleeves. If you decide to go with it, do a shell thats simialr in color to the sweater. Shell station should have.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 10:58 pm
amother wrote:
what kind of footwear would you do for a 3 year old (small) girl?
for weekday for summer

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 11:11 pm
amother wrote:
for weekday for summer

Slip on sneakers

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 11:12 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Cardigan definitely wont work. I like the sweater but personally I would skip it if she cant do shortsleeves. If you decide to go with it, do a shell thats simialr in color to the sweater. Shell station should have.

I hear. Thanks!!

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 11:15 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Looks dressy to me. Do it with a grey skinny dress pants. I will have to think about a shirt

That was regarding this sweater for 2 year old boy:
http://www.zara.com/us/en/kids.....27001.html

What do you think of this shirt underneath?
http://www.zara.com/us/en/kids......html

Or does it need to be a button down collared shirt?

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 11:30 pm
http://I.imgur.com/9fDw5IH.jpg

Would you put a structured pant/shorts on a 14 month old for the spring/summer? Been doing leggings till now, would he be too young to wear a stiffer, slightly looser material? Would the structured shorts be "in"? For flatbush. Thanks!
Page 26 of 39   Previous  1  2  3 25  26  27 37  38  39  Next Recent Topics