Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Israeli house and rent prices
Previous  1  2

Tablepoetry

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 11:35 am
Byisrael, there are some moral and upstanding agents out there who will tell op not to buy a place if it's too expensive. But unless op has a great recommendation, there's no guarantee she will end up with such an agent.
You are correct that on yad2 sometimes things are overpriced. And IME agents will try to convince the guy who overpriced to be realistic and sell at market price. However, once a price is decided on, it's not like the agents are selling it cheaper. Look up any place on yad2 and you can see the agents are usually advertising the exact same place for at least 100k MORE than the owner.
I will say that an agent is useful in making the transaction happen. Otherwise there is often so much hemming and hawing it never happens.

byisrael

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 11:47 am
For sure you need to do intensive research before using a realtor - same as before you use a lawyer, mortgage broker, therapist, car dealer.
Real Estate especially seems to attract many shady characters.

That said a good realtor will save you money - especially as an immigrant who is not familiar with the cut throat israeli world of real estate.

Many of the americans I know who tried to diy when it came to buying a property and setting up a mortgage (I have met people who lost 500,000 NIS by setting up a mortgage directly thru the bank) ended up loosing money.

Tablepoetry

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 12:12 pm
You need a mortgage advisor יועץ משכנתאות to get a good mortgage deal, not a real estate agent.
Although of course a good agent could direct you to one.

MitzadSheini

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 12:25 am
Thanks for all the replies.

I haven't lived in Israel for close to 20,years and am clearly "out of the loop".

Can someone answer this question....

Is there anywhere in the country where we could rent a 5 ot 6 room apartment which has, within a reasonable walking distance -

*Some English speakers
*A place where a DH who is BT, older (40s) and had never learned, could learn
*DL type schools that could cope with kids who don't know Hebrew (aged 7-13)
*A supermarket

....all for 6000 NIS a month?

Or is that impossible?

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 12:31 am
I know Chashmonaim has rentals in that price range. I would imagine Efrat does too. The reason you pay more in cities is bcz. they have everything in close range. It seems you're going to have to compromise on something. If you can't afford the higher rent you're going to have to travel for learning. Most non cities have makolets, and supermarkets about a 10 minute drive away (on average).

Marion

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 3:04 am
Maale Adumim has rentals in that price range as well.

byisrael

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 3:24 am
RBS could work

Maale adumim

Any of the yeshuvim in the gush- but you have less conveniences and need a car
Mevaseret
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions