Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I'm a shlemazel.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 2:05 pm
I'm looking for a new job and getting more depressed with each new interview. My resume is good, my skills are too. Was told today that "personality is more important than skills". Is this a frum thing?
I work with people, people like me and keep coming back. I know I am good at what I do. I know I have what to contribute. I do get nervous at interviews and become tongue tied. Sad
There are so many reasons for me to look for another job...

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 2:12 pm
I'm in a similar situation except I'm not currently working and I think that's why no one wants to hire me.

DrMom

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 2:24 pm
amother wrote:
I'm looking for a new job and getting more depressed with each new interview. My resume is good, my skills are too. Was told today that "personality is more important than skills". Is this a frum thing?
I work with people, people like me and keep coming back. I know I am good at what I do. I know I have what to contribute. I do get nervous at interviews and become tongue tied. Sad
There are so many reasons for me to look for another job...

Can you find someone with whom to practice interviewing? Interviewing is a skill, and it can be honed.

Also, how exactly are you a shlemazel? You have a good resume and skillset and good people skills. Don't be so hard on yourself.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 6:28 pm
I'm shlemazel because I lack the charisma or something. I don't present myself well. I know I should come for the interview and give them a song and a dance and tell them how great I am, but once I'm sitting down in front of the interviewers I'm lost. I kick myself later for not saying so many things I should have, and for saying the things I did say the way I did.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics