Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Kaufman Cards Apraxia Treatment Kit

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 1:52 am
I know this is a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone got this and doesn't need it anymore? I would love to get this for ds, but its very expensive.

Also if anyone ever tried this approach on your child, did you feel it helped?

Ds gets speech therapy, but its coming along slowly and hes very frustrated. I saw these cards online, and it looks interesting, so I was thinking maybe I should get them and try it out with him at home(the problem is the price, hence my asking if anyone has one their done with...)

debbie321

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 7:12 am
Look on teachers pay teachers . you might find similar

dazzle

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 10:00 am
You might want to try printing some on your own first. You can find a listing of the words online and then add your own pictures or you may even find some actual card samples online as well. Print them and laminate them and try it out. Thats what my ds slp did for us. How old is your son? Sometimes it is hard for them to just sit and drill with these cards. There is also a Kaufman Center in Detroit that has a four day program for kids with Apraxia. I am working on going there hopefully soon.

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Oct 01 2016, 9:57 pm
debbie321 wrote:
Look on teachers pay teachers . you might find similar

Thanks. I didn’t found what I was looking for (I need cards that have the worlds specifically broken down using the kaufman method) but I did other useful things in general on the site.

dazzle wrote:
You might want to try printing some on your own first. You can find a listing of the words online and then add your own pictures or you may even find some actual card samples online as well. Print them and laminate them and try it out. Thats what my ds slp did for us. How old is your son? Sometimes it is hard for them to just sit and drill with these cards. There is also a Kaufman Center in Detroit that has a four day program for kids with Apraxia. I am working on going there hopefully soon.

Thanks so much. That was a good idea. I searched online and found the worlds Apple, bubble and bottle. I was hoping for a few more – do you know were on line I can find some? I’m guessing you found a lot of success with the method? You found that this worked better then prompt, or you started with this originally? Can you tell me more about this 4 day program? Do four days really make a difference that its worth going there even if you don’t live near there? How expensive is it? Thanks for you help.

dazzle

Post Thu, Oct 06 2016, 10:30 am
Glad to help out. Can you pm me?

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 11:42 am
ok. I just did. thanks.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 3:44 pm
sorry, never got your pm

dazzle

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 3:44 pm
didn't mean for that to be annonymous!

dazzle

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 1:53 pm
Hi, just got back from the 4 day session at the Kaufman Childrens Center. WOuld love to share if you want to hear more. I never got your pm, can you try again...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers