Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Joy of kosher/broccoli kugel

sourstix

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 6:49 am
Does anyone make the broccoli kugell from joy of kosher? I want to make it but I just wanto know from others what it tastes like. I already tried different ones and I can't find one dh likes. He won't go for margarine or coffee creamer. It just needs to be tasty. I am using the chopped broccoli. Anyone?

Raisin

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 6:53 am
I've made it but it was a long time ago. I think it was good. Very easy. Make one and see how your husband likes it. Everyone has such individual tastes so even if I loved it doesn't mean your husband will. (I would probably make it more if I could get bodek brocolli).

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 7:00 am
I've made it many times. We like it a lot.

tweek

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 8:54 am
Can someone please post the recipe? I would love one without margarine or creamer.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 8:56 am
It's important to use lite mayonnaise.
http://www.joyofkosher.com/rec.....el-2/

tweek

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 9:01 am
Thanks!

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 9:53 am
I also use only a quarter of the amount of mayo, as opposed to what is listed in the recipe

tweek

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 11:36 am
Yeah, I thought it sounded like a bit too much. I will definitely try that! Thanks!

sourstix

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 12:40 pm
I ended up using this recipe but I did add 3 tbsp flour and sauteed onion and it came out good. will wait and see if dh likes it. I would add more onion powder and garlic powder. not sure if it will go in my house though I like it. I would definitely try it will lukshen next time. not sure what recipe I will use.

I thought it had too much mayo but I wouldnt mess up a recipe the first time. I like to try it and follow the first time and see if I want any change. I do think it needs the mayo though. its a large amount of broccoli. yes it needs the full amount of mayo

Last edited by sourstix on Fri, Sep 30 2016, 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 12:41 pm
The kugel is really good as is with the full cup. Just make sure to use light mayonnaise as it doesn't taste good with full fat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics