Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Monsey.therapist/doctor for 5 year old

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Oct 04 2016, 10:29 pm
I am at my wits end with my 5 year old and think he may need to see someone. I just have no idea where to start. Maybe some of you can help point me in the right direction. These are some of the issues I am having.
1. Won't sleep thru the night ever. Comes to my room every single night.
2. Won't go to bed unless I am literally sitting on his bed.
3. When he gets up at night cries and Wakers everyone up.
4. Lately started pishing on the floor when he goes to the bathroom...I believe on purpose. (Been toilet trained since 3.5 and barely any accidents...dosent ever wet the bed)
5. Constantly fighting with everyone
6. Stubborn as anything....his way or a HUGR HUGE tantrum.
7. Thinks he can do wtvr he wants and that he is the boss.

I am 7 weeks post Partum...I have tried numerous things. The main problem is the going to bed and staying in his room.

What type of therapist would I go to? Any recommendations?

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 8:39 pm
Bump

momtra

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 11:18 pm
Oy. I feel for you! How is he at school when he's not with you. Maybe speak to your pediatrician first?

musicmom

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 11:22 pm
Sounds like he wants attention since the baby was born. Maybe find some one on one time and reward him for good behavior, make a chart and give him a sticker for sleeping in his own bed.

cmalky

Post Thu, Oct 06 2016, 1:34 am
I found Soro Yaroslowitz to be amazing and very on target in a similar situation. She has an office in Monsey on Route 59 and Augusta. Her office number is 1 (845) 352-6101. Hatzlacha Rabba and mazel tov on the new baby!

peacock

Post Thu, Oct 06 2016, 7:46 am
Have you checked his adenoids / tonsils? Maybe its sleep apnea .

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 9:15 pm
musicmom wrote:
Sounds like he wants attention since the baby was born. Maybe find some one on one time and reward him for good behavior, make a chart and give him a sticker for sleeping in his own bed.

He hasn't been able to sleep in his bed all night for a very long time. I tried charts and prizes....he has a chart on his wall since LAST September -2015- with 30 boxes he only had 6 boxes filled in....that he slept all night. I have a big big present wrapped up for over a year waiting for him.....still not happening.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 9:18 pm
cmalky wrote:
I found Soro Yaroslowitz to be amazing and very on target in a similar situation. She has an office in Monsey on Route 59 and Augusta. Her office number is 1 (845) 352-6101. Hatzlacha Rabba and mazel tov on the new baby!

Thank you. Do u know how much she charges...or if she takes insurance? Is she hard to get an appt by?

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 9:20 pm
momtra wrote:
Oy. I feel for you! How is he at school when he's not with you. Maybe speak to your pediatrician first?

He is fine at school.....and way better behaved when dh or I am not around. He sleeps thru the night by my parents if I am not there.
He says if he has someone bigger than him in the room he won't get up.
Haven't spoken to pediatrician yet.

cmalky

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 11:47 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you. Do u know how much she charges...or if she takes insurance? Is she hard to get an appt by?

I know she doesn't take insurance, but I don't remember how much she charges. I believe in Monsey it's not so hard to get an appointment. I generally see her at her brooklyn office and its very difficult here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics