Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Are JSEs only through TTI?

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 06 2016, 8:51 pm
I would like to start earning my degree. After much thought my goal is to get a BA through TTI/Excelsior. Are the JSEs exclusively offered through TTI? I would like to start, but I do not have the $600+ to register right now. I feel like I'm wasting so much time because I can't lay out that amount now.
It's a vicious cycle- I need to spend money to get a degree so I can earn more money....willing to work hard, just can't make an extra $600 appear right now. Hopefully in a few months.
Also, a Pell grant and things like that won't help towards the registration.
So tired now, hope my question makes sense.

(This was the only forum that had anon enabled that sort of made sense.)

octopus

Post Thu, Oct 06 2016, 8:54 pm
You can start taking cleps and dantes without registering through TTI. Don't know about JSEs.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Oct 06 2016, 10:48 pm
Jse's can be $250. Each btw....

Sorry I am not sure about other programs, just saying that to register for two jse's its already $500.

tf

Post Thu, Oct 06 2016, 11:42 pm
Why do you specifically want tti? What's with touro? Touro has scholarships and govt grants, and is Yiddish based, with separate classes.

octopus

Post Thu, Oct 06 2016, 11:53 pm
This was many years ago, but I did 80 credits without enrolling in tti. I was enrolled in excelsior, but I ran out of tests to take (GREs are graduate level tests and killer, and preferred not to take them). I was also purchasing my own textbooks which is huge expense. When I felt like I couldn't anymore, I enrolled in tti. I was able to take the JSEs and I had never taken a DANTES before because I had no idea where they were offered. It was worth the $$ enrolling because they lend you the books and also because I finished my degree and then got into REAL graduate school. And got a nice job.

L K

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:19 am
What are jse’s?

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 2:37 pm
octopus wrote:
This was many years ago, but I did 80 credits without enrolling in tti. I was enrolled in excelsior, but I ran out of tests to take (GREs are graduate level tests and killer, and preferred not to take them). I was also purchasing my own textbooks which is huge expense. When I felt like I couldn't anymore, I enrolled in tti. I was able to take the JSEs and I had never taken a DANTES before because I had no idea where they were offered. It was worth the $$ enrolling because they lend you the books and also because I finished my degree and then got into REAL graduate school. And got a nice job.

Did it cost you money to be enrolled in excelsior? How did you choose which tests to take?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics