Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
NYC

amother
Maroon

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 10:45 pm
I want to take a bus to NYC tomorrow, to spend the day with 20 yr old Israeli girls that are visiting. Any ideas what they would enjoy doing and how to get around there walking and/ or public transportation? Thanx

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 9:11 am
Bump

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 10:06 am
Suggestions people had given me were: Empire State Building, hiline, art fair in the street, Ferris wheel at Times Square, biking near water near skyline? Sonywondrer lab?
They've already been to Central Park and Times Square. I don't know how to get around in the city, and an stressed planning a fun day with them quickly. What do you think? Thank you so much!!

doctorima

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 10:16 am
Ferris Wheel at Times Square and Sony Wonder Lab are both closed. Getting around the city is fairly easy with mass transit, but try to choose only 2 areas to focus on, so that you only have to commute once. There are apps you can download for transit directions.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 10:43 am
It's pouring rain! Any idea what I can take them to easily and maybe an inexpensive place to eat nearby? I need to leave in 20 minutes so we'll have time there, but don't know what to do with them!!

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 10:54 am
It's a little late to plan a big trip, but you can use MTA.info to figure your way around. The area around Times Square and Penn Station is a fun experience just to walk around, just bring a poncho and umbrella.

As for food, just Google kosher restraunts NYC. Many are expensive, but there should be a pizza store or two that isn't.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 10:58 am
Thanx. Any specific destination?

singleagain

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 11:19 am
Natural history museum would be perfect for a day like today. Take the A, B, or C train into the museum itself. They have a suggested admission price but you can give less

For food: bravo pizza 1367 Broadway, New York, NY 10018

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 11:50 am
Thank you so much. Someone also just mentioned the MET museum, what do you think?

singleagain

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 11:54 am
MET is art. If they like art then that's good (I don't know what the prices are)

I suggested natural history bc it has so many different exhibits that way you can hit a bit if what everyone likes

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 12:18 pm
Thank so much.,I'll give them the choice. If they chose met any suggestions for inexpensive place to eat between port authority and met and how to get to all walking and/ or public transportation?

singleagain

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 12:28 pm
Bravo is on b'way between 36 & 37 ... Take subway to closest stop and walk

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 12:37 pm
What about wax museum?

singleagain

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 12:39 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
What about wax museum?

That is very very expensive

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 12:57 pm
They chose museum of natrl history but the line is so long it winds around the block outside. Instead well try the met. Anywhere else to go around three of the met line also looks like it'll take an hour wait? And where to eat near there?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics