Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Dealing with ADD/ADHD support group for women
1  2  3  Next

e1234

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 9:31 am
We would like to let the public know that after sukkos free ADD/ADHD support group for women only starting with a 10-15 minute lecture with ADHD coach Levi Yitzchok Albert and then a 1 hour support group. Women Only - for those dealing with ADHD themselves, a spouse, or a child.

Every monday 1 pm EST - conference call number is (641) 715-3810. (Israel number is 0765990000) Access Code: 571842#
For more information, to sign up for a reminder email go to www.iloveadhd.com/womensconferencecall.asp

Please forward this to other lists you know or people who might be interested.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 12:08 pm
Thank you so so much!!!!! I am so excited. Is the moderator licensed?

e1234

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 1:39 pm
I am actually being the moderator (and my experience is the mother of adhd children) but my husband who is a adhd coach will be on in the beginning of the call (and I will have him speak each time for a short amount of time - after the first time - people can bring up questions to be addressed).
I would like to this to really be mostly a women to women support group so we can share with each other and share practical ideas that we have each worked out that work.

Aribenj

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 1:46 pm
Interesting. How does this work? You call in and you listen and participate in a conference call?

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 1:48 pm
Hatzlacha. I was hoping it would be someone licensed. But I can see that experience would help too.

e1234

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 1:59 pm
yes you call in and we take turns speaking

My husband is a certified coach with experience.
I am not sure if he will be on for the whole call. I think it might be better to have an introduction and then just keep it as support for each other.
I'd like to keep this to just those dealing with ADD/ADHD.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 2:10 pm
Thank you so much for starting this. I have adhd and would love to have support from other women in my situation. I hope I'll he able to go on (its my work time) !
Hatzlacha and tizka l'mitzvos

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 3:01 pm
wow that sounds great. I will bookmark this info.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 3:10 pm
thank you

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 8:27 pm
I would love to be part of this but 1PM is right in middle of my workday. Will recordings be available after the call?

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 8:46 pm
seeker wrote:
I would love to be part of this but 1PM is right in middle of my workday. Will recordings be available after the call?

Same issue here.

e1234

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 1:23 am
I'm actually not sure about recordings
I think for the actual support group it would make people feel uncomfortable to be recorded.
for the beginning part by adhd coach that can be recorded.

I am doing that time as I'm in Israel and I thought it would work for US & Israel. If someone in US wants to lead one at evening time in the US you can let me know - I can give you the instructions and help you set it up.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 10:07 am
I'm so happy that this support group is happening. I haven't gotten my daughter formally evaluated, but all signs are pointing to ADHD/Exective Functioning Issues. I also am suspicious that I might also have it. I've been doing a lot of research, but I'm very new to this, so I'm excited to hear other womens' experiences and to learn strategies to help both my daughter and myself out.

imasinger

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 1:02 pm
I was all set to call in now, when I went back and looked at the OP -- after Sukkos.

Looking forward! Maybe you should bump this before the first group.

cbsp

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 1:05 pm
imasinger wrote:
I was all set to call in now, when I went back and looked at the OP -- after Sukkos.

Looking forward! Maybe you should bump this before the first group.

Me too! I was wondering why I didn't get the email reminder...

Thanks OP for setting this up...

e1234

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 1:14 pm
sorry about that
I wanted to start after the chagim but let people know about it
whoever signed up for a reminder will get it 1 day before
it starts the monday after sukkos.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Oct 28 2016, 4:14 pm
Just reminding everyone of the support group on monday

e1234

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 11:37 am
I am bumping this up
but one technical issue is we changed the clocks in Israel but no the US
so tomorrow it is
7 pm Israel time

and
1 pm EST

(from next week will be 8pm Israel time and 1 pm EST)

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 1:21 am
...when I'll still be at work because 1pm is still in middle of the day. Enjoy!

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 1:25 am
What does it mean "certified"? What kind of training, education, exams etc does the person go through (in this case your husband)?
Asking because- my spouse had ADHD and I don't feel comfortable discussing it with just anyone. Your experience is as a parent. What about spouses?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)