Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Just bought a shaitel...

familyfirst

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 7:22 pm
Inspired by a thread from a few months back, I ordered a shaitel online from alibaba. I am thrilled with it and would encourage everyone looking to spend in the $1000 range to do the same. My shaitel macher said the hair is beautiful and I "did well".
I ordered Russian hair, Jewish wig, measured myself as per their instructions (followed a diagram). Color was too dark so needed to highlight it. Came in shorter than I ordered so will order 4 inches longer next time.
Paid $850 for 16 inches (which really was about 12 on the sides and completely necessitated changing the cut I had in mind) for beautiful hair.
I emailed jenny@qingdaoroyal.com

Shaitel came within a few weeks. Downside is that it is non refundable so definitely something to think about. She did say that next time I should send a picture of the cut I would like and they'd try to make sure the wig can accommodate that cut. Also, instead of paying it all upfront as I did, you can out down a 50% deposit and they'd send you a pic of what yiur wig looks like when they are done. You can then send in the remaining 50%.

Thank you to whoever posted that idea a few months ago (I think under emotional health, but too lazy to locate the thread). It really helped me and I'd do it all over again.
Hope this helps someone.

cnc

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 7:30 pm
familyfirst wrote:
Inspired by a thread from a few months back, I ordered a shaitel online from alibaba. I am thrilled with it and would encourage everyone looking to spend in the $1000 range to do the same. My shaitel macher said the hair is beautiful and I "did well".
I ordered Russian hair, Jewish wig, measured myself as per their instructions (followed a diagram). Color was too dark so needed to highlight it. Came in shorter than I ordered so will order 4 inches longer next time.
Paid $850 for 16 inches (which really was about 12 on the sides and completely necessitated changing the cut I had in mind) for beautiful hair.
I emailed jenny@qingdaoroyal.com

Shaitel came within a few weeks. Downside is that it is non refundable so definitely something to think about. She did say that next time I should send a picture of the cut I would like and they'd try to make sure the wig can accommodate that cut. Also, instead of paying it all upfront as I did, you can out down a 50% deposit and they'd send you a pic of what yiur wig looks like when they are done. You can then send in the remaining 50%.

Thank you to whoever posted that idea a few months ago (I think under emotional health, but too lazy to locate the thread). It really helped me and I'd do it all over again.
Hope this helps someone.

Just a warning to others- I know others that did the same and as soon as they tried to color the wig it turned green and looked like plastic.

ChutzPAh

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 9:01 pm
You were not given what you paid for. That is not okay, so I'm not sure why you're advertising her business. I'd be really upset if I ordered an $850 wig and it was 4 inches too short. If it was a $25 wig, I'd likely not care.

familyfirst

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 9:04 pm
You're right. It was disappointing in that way. But still worth it.
In any case, if this helps someone, great, if not just disregard.
Nothing personally to gain from advertising her business... Just thought it may be helpful.
Shana Tova!

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 10:09 pm
Im not getting what's the big kuntz of buying a wig that way. For that price you can buy in a brick and mortar store where you can try on, feel texture, see length, color, etc..

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 10:16 pm
My best wigs were bought at shaitel sales for $500. One was a milano and one a Gaby wig. I don't think you got a good price but if this shaitel looks great on you and you end up being happy after wearing it for a while, then I'm happy for you!

cnc

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 11:11 pm
amother wrote:
Im not getting what's the big kuntz of buying a wig that way. For that price you can buy in a brick and mortar store where you can try on, feel texture, see length, color, etc..

I agree . I paid $1050 for one of my wigs and $950 for another and those prices included the cut. I saw exactly what I'm getting.

On the original thread people had mentioned prices like $300 which sounded too good to be true and apparently they were....

malka

Post Sun, Oct 23 2016, 2:42 am
I also bought one from them a few months ago, and was disappointed. I asked for European hair, straight, 14" and a #4, expecting it to be a few inches below my shoulders as my current sheitel is marked 14". After I received it the woman I bought it from asked me if I liked it, and when I told her it wasn't what I expected she never wrote back.

The one I received was marked 15", but the hair in front is chin length. The longest hair in back is maybe 4" longer. I've spend some time looking into it, and it seems that the hair from these Chinese companies can be short layers (measured length from the top), long layers (measured from the nape of the neck), and a third kind. There's a huge difference between long layers and short layers, so I would definitely be more specific about length if I were to consider ordering again.

The hair is wavy/curls at the bottom instead of being straight. It's also much darker than I expected, almost black,and has some grey hairs in it. I pulled out the grey hairs, and it's not the end of the world if I miss a few because I also have a few grey hairs. In my opinion, I shouldn't have to be dealing with grey hairs in a sheitel unless I intentionally had them added.

I ended up not hating the sheitel, as it was very lightweight and easy to throw on, and comfortable to wear in the heat of the summer, but it's not something I would intentionally purchase (now or in the future).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels