Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Write in candidates 2016 election

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 9:43 pm
Does anyone think that there could be enough of a groundswell to elect a write in candidate for president?

I'm seriously tempted to just write "anybody else" on the ballot. It won't affect anything since I live in NY, but maybe it would make me feel better to actively vote against both major candidates. I mentioned this at the table over Rosh Hashana, which led to a discussion about whether my above question would be possible.

I think there are enough people who can't stand either Trump or Clinton to actually change the course of the election. The problem would be getting all those people to write in one candidate so they don't split the vote.

Could that actually happen?

Other than Marina, who would you vote for?

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 10:38 pm
I think a write-in is a waste. I'll be voting for Gary Johnson. He is on the ballot in all 50 states so if enough people take notice that there is another option besides the two main parties that are getting a lot of distaste now, he has a fighting chance. Even if he doesn't make it to the presidency, if he can pull even a couple of states away from the other two that can stop them. I don't know if write-ins can have the same effect.

chani8

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 5:42 am
I'd vote for Oprah Winfrey!

byisrael

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 5:59 am
LOL I second Oprah!

L25

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 6:35 am
I think the person needs to be willing- might want to ask her first before making a campaign Wink

doctorima

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 9:06 am
I nominate Yael!

Oh wait, she's Canadian...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics