Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Quick and easy supper with no dishes to wash
1  2  Next

amother52

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 2:58 pm
title says it all. preferably dairy, no fish. any grand ideas?

devorah1231

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 3:06 pm
Not even a toaster or one pot?

water_bear88

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 3:07 pm
No dishes- order pizza
A knife and cutting board- cheese and vegetable sandwiches, veggie wraps with cheese or canned beans

markmywords

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 3:10 pm
Tortillas with melted cheese on top (can use whole grain and low fat cheese).
Spread on plate (can paper plate go in microwave? I use corelle), sprinkle with cheese and pop in microwave for one minute.
Can add beans, salsa. guacamole (store bought/jars etc for all) and clementines/oranges after.
Citrus can be peeled so there are no plates or utensils.

tichellady

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 3:10 pm
Pita pizza- not particularly healthy. Everything else I can think of involves a cutting board or pot or pan unless you want to have cereal and milk or a cold sandwich with cheese/cream cheese, lox etc

Unless by no dishes to wash you mean "minimal dishes to wash"

zzzz

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 3:19 pm
When you don't mind dishes to wash, make doubles and freeze, out of the freezer reheat in baking pan= no dishes to wash LOL

mima2

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 3:25 pm
Lasagna! (No boil)

tichellady

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 3:39 pm
mima2 wrote:
Lasagna! (No boil)

I can't think of a way to make lasagna without washing any dishes - how do you do that

treestump

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 3:50 pm
tichellady wrote:
I can't think of a way to make lasagna without washing any dishes - how do you do that

Only way I can think of is by buying frozen lasagna and warming it in a disposable pan.

Unless there's a recipe where you don't cook the lasagna and just layer the sauce and cheese on uncooked lasagna layers?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 3:52 pm
tichellady wrote:

Mix cheeses with thawed spinach, eggs and seasoning. Layer raw noodles, sauce, cheese mixtures. Pour liquid around sides of disposable pan. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake another 45 minutes. Dispose of pan when done.

mha3484

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 4:12 pm
There are similar recipes for mac and cheese and baked ziti.

mha3484

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 4:24 pm
I also make a cheesy rice and beans dish that can be baked. I take one cup of raw brown rice and two cups of water in a foil pan. 2 cans of black beans, corn, mild green chilis, I like veggies such as bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini. Its all to taste. Season with chili powder or a packet of taco seasoning. Mix well, cover and bake for an hour at 350.

sky

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 4:28 pm
treestump wrote:
Only way I can think of is by buying frozen lasagna and warming it in a disposable pan.

Unless there's a recipe where you don't cook the lasagna and just layer the sauce and cheese on uncooked lasagna layers?

sure. You can buy no boil noodles, but really any noodles work.

lasagna: layer in 9x13 pan: sauce, noodles, sauce, cottage cheese, cheese and repeat. Pour some water in corners. Cover with foil and bake. To be fancy I heat a diced onion and some canned mushrooms and frozen spinach on a plastic plate with spices and pam in the microwave and add to one layer.

as an example: http://polkies.blogspot.com/20......html - but I don't use a pan to do the vegetables. the microwave works.

Eggplant parm: layer in 8x8 or 9x13: breadcrumbs, eggplant, breadcrumbs, sauce, cheese, etc. Finish with eggplant and crumbs. Cover with foil bake about 1 hour. Pour on top, tomato sauce, sugar and oil. Rebake uncovered until bubbly.

Baked ziti:
No marinara sauce: http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....83194
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....20934

Last edited by sky on Mon, Oct 10 2016, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

tichellady

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 4:29 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Mix cheeses with thawed spinach, eggs and seasoning. Layer raw noodles, sauce, cheese mixtures. Pour liquid around sides of disposable pan. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake another 45 minutes. Dispose of pan when done.

Don't you need a fork and bowl to mix the cheese and spinach (and to put the spinach after you squeeze the liquid out) Not trying to be annoying here just realizing that "no dishes" may not be literal here. I count bowls, utensils and cutting boards/knives as dishes. Op,
'Maybe clarify what you mean by "no dishes"

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 5:07 pm
tichellady wrote:
Don't you need a fork and bowl to mix the cheese and spinach (and to put the spinach after you squeeze the liquid out) Not trying to be annoying here just realizing that "no dishes" may not be literal here. I count bowls, utensils and cutting boards/knives as dishes. Op,
'Maybe clarify what you mean by "no dishes"

Of course. But someone who is looking to make something without dishes will be adept at using a plastic spoon and one extra disposable pan for mixing in order to get this done Tongue Out

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 5:09 pm
Baked frittata with warm baguettes and chopped salad.
Quiche with pre-made frozen pie shell, roasted asparagus, and a cheese salad.
Stuffed twice baked potatoes with avocado egg wedge salad.

tichellady

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 5:35 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Of course. But someone who is looking to make something without dishes will be adept at using a plastic spoon and one extra disposable pan for mixing in order to get this done Tongue Out

Got it thanks 😀

precious

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 5:44 pm
Baked ziti
Pour ziti raw into 9x13 pan. Add one jar marinara sauce, half jar milk, half jar water, mix and cover with shredded cheese. Bake 350 90 min.
No dishes except the spoon

centurion

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 6:03 pm
mexican lasagna: 5-7 tortillas layered with canned or frozen vegetables, salsa, and cheese. some ideas: pink or black beans, corn, frozen spinach, onion, peppers, mushrooms. the last four are better sauteed but if you really don't want dishes, do without. a sprinkling of cumin and chili powder between every other layer also adds a nice touch.

or burritos with those same ingredients.

centurion

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 6:04 pm
or baked salmon of any kind along with a bakeable side dish such as rice or farfel or quinoa.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals