Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Question from the Muslim at the debate
Previous  1  2

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 7:57 am
amother wrote:
I think we're getting off topic. The Muslim at the debate asked what each candidate will do to fight Islamophobia. The answer is that so long as a disproportionate percentage of Muslims are involved in terror attacks and have dangerous ideologies, the world will always be suspicious of them. Does anyone disagree? Does anyone believe that fanatical Muslims can be involved in attacks all over the world and the world won't judge the Muslims together and be suspicious of them all?

It's not just that any time there is a terror attack chances are it was committed by a muslim. Because even though it's true, it's still the tiniest percentage of the muslim population overall. For me, it's about muslims not standing up en masse voicing outrage. Yes, there are a few who are vocal, but largely silence. Which makes them complicit.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 8:02 am
amother wrote:
It's not just that any time there is a terror attack chances are it was committed by a muslim. Because even though it's true, it's still the tiniest percentage of the muslim population overall. For me, it's about muslims not standing up en masse voicing outrage. Yes, there are a few who are vocal, but largely silence. Which makes them complicit.

Well, depending where they live, they could be murdered for protesting...

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 8:14 am
amother wrote:
Well, depending where they live, they could be murdered for protesting...

Of course, because the majority of them are so peaceful and stuff.

/sarcasm Rolling Eyes

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 9:11 am
This summer at our restaurants we had a number of Muslim customers, including a family where all the women were wearing niquabs ( face coverings). I was so pleased that they let us know that in fact, they trusted us, their cousins only with their food because they knew how serious and careful we are about kosher supervision.

I wasn't nervous, I was pleased as punch. I am in general nervous about security, but they were all, to a one, full of menschlishkeit.

shacn

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 9:24 am
actually, I'd feel the safest on a plane full of Muslims. Not sure the last last one a plane full of them blew up.

I'd be more scared with just a few of them on it. But you got me. I am an islamphobe. Sorry.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 9:50 am
shacn wrote:
actually, I'd feel the safest on a plane full of Muslims. Not sure the last last one a plane full of them blew up.

I'd be more scared with just a few of them on it. But you got me. I am an islamphobe. Sorry.

What was the final verdict on the EgyptAir flight that crashed a few months ago? Was terrorism either confirmed or ruled out?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics