Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Does Hillarys acting smile make her a better president???
1  2  3  Next

whom do you vote for
Hillary  
 27%  [ 33 ]
Trump  
 72%  [ 86 ]
Total Votes : 119

creditcards

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 2:30 am
Hillary is much more charismatic and has a good way with words and is much better at answering questions on target and thinking of good answers quickly. Trump is not so talented in this point of debating....but why does that make Hillary more fit to be the president? Because she knows how to smile nicely and trump knows how to walk back and forth and show that he is nervous. So she is much a better actress so at least you know you see the truth when trump talks. He doesn't act. This is him. Why are people judging whom to vote for according to how well they present themselves at the debate. So what if Trump doesn't answer on target. But he is actually having a concrete plan for the country....

joy613

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 2:35 am
What is his concrete plan?

creditcards

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 2:45 am
He is not going to be afraid to fight terrorism effectively, because he is no actor and doesn't care what people think of him. He does what needs to be done. He acts like a yeshivah Bachur...and she acts like a lady...

chavamom

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 3:01 am
What is his plan? Other than "bomb the heck out of Isis"? He's been really short on details.

Jeanette

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 5:50 am
Actually Hillary is not that great of an actress. One of the biggest criticisms of her throughout the campaign is that she is too stiff and scripted. But in the debates, she worked hard and prepared and Trump didn't. That's the main difference between them. If I have to choose, I want the president who studies policy, not the one who thinks you can govern by the seat of your pants. I want the one who has advisers and actually listens to them instead of thinking they're smarter than anyone else.

treestump

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 6:37 am
chavamom wrote:
What is his plan? Other than "bomb the heck out of Isis"? He's been really short on details.

It's a secret plan.* Wink Believe him. No one knows foreign policy more than he does. No one scares ISIS more than he does. Trust him, it's gonna be huuuuge.

*or as Hillary says: "The only secret is that he has no plan."

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 8:14 am
It's not that Trump isn't talented in debating, it's that he doesn't care, he's an egotistical jerk who wants to say what he wants to say, and wants to do what he wants to do, and he doesn't care at all about anyone else in the world. I am NOT a Hillary fan, and I will not vote for her, but yes, diplomacy is an important trait in a President.

He acts like a yeshiva bachur.......not the yeshiva bachurim I know. He acts more like a very spoiled, bratty four year old.

You say "this is him" as if that's a good thing. At least with most politician they can fool you into thinking they really care about your issues, about this country and the rest of the world. He says straight out that he only cares about himself, and still people want to vote for him!

youngishbear

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 8:56 am
I don't see how being disgustingly "real" is a positive in politics. Modern politicians need to be able to negotiate deals and win support from allies and opponents. That involves a lot of twisting and bending the truth. Honest Abe was an American hero, and an amazing leader, but I honestly wonder what would have happened if he needed to negotiate Reconstruction with the Radical Republicans.

Unless we overhaul our entire political system, and change human nature in the entire world, diplomacy (which involves playing with perceptions) is a good thing.

idy760

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 9:01 am
Hilary's acting smile is what makes me not vote for her. That smug fake look screams out to me that she's a liar and it brings images to my mind of a president smiling confidently to Americans that her new plan is good for us while making catastrophic deals because she's got practice at looking smiley while lying through her teeth. Not that trump is perfect but sometimes it's more comforting to know that what you see is what you got - he's not hiding his thoughts and feelings at all...

WhatFor

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 9:41 am
Hillary is better at debating not just because she's charismatic (really? If she has one major weakness it's that's she's the opposite of charismatic but okay) but because she has more composure, experience, and she doesn't have a personality disorder or a coke habit, or whatever it was that caused her opponent to pace angrily around the stage scowling and hover threateningly behind her during the most recent debate.

Leaving aside the fact that the actual content of her speech indicates that she has a far better grasp on internal and foreign policy issues, Hillary has years of experience dealing with people who don't like her and still maintaining her composure. An ability to remain composed during stressful times, especially when the stress can be largely attributed to something as trivial as being slammed in the media, is a basic necessity for a US President. If you actually look at the body language of the two on the stage, you see one person who is nervous, uncomposed, has lost his sh*t, and is actually stalking Hillary threateningly around the stage. On the other side you see a woman who may roll her eyes a couple of times but her overall demeanor, even as a man stalks her around the stage, is relatively assured and calm.

Why is composure alone important? Think about the fact that recently, when some Iranian soldiers were verbally insulting US military in Iranian waters, this man actually running for US president said he would have killed them for doing so. He thinks this is an appropriate response when foreign soldiers yell insults because he's easily moved to action by stupidity like that. Hillary, on the other hand, would prefer not to start a third world war and put you and your children's lives at risk (as well as the lives of people around the world) because some not nice men said something mean.

At a very basic level, imagine those two people on that stage were pilots about to take you on a transatlantic flight and you had to choose between the two of them. There's no way I would want that angry, threatening man anywhere near the cockpit of my plane. Hillary, on the other hand, has demonstrated that she can maintain her composure through the scariest of turbulence. That's who I want flying my plane. And that's without even getting into their policies.

gande

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 10:46 am
Something bothers me about Hillary'a smile. It seems like a Pinocchio nose. Every time she lies and every time someone points out her failings it gets bigger and bigger. So fake.
Also I found it funny that most of the time she did not answer the questions to the point. She stuck to her carefully rehearsed lines.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 11:44 am
WhatFor wrote:
Hillary is better at debating not just because she's charismatic (really? If she has one major weakness it's that's she's the opposite of charismatic but okay) but because she has more composure, experience, and she doesn't have a personality disorder or a coke habit, or whatever it was that caused her opponent to pace angrily around the stage scowling and hover threateningly behind her during the most recent debate.

Leaving aside the fact that the actual content of her speech indicates that she has a far better grasp on internal and foreign policy issues, Hillary has years of experience dealing with people who don't like her and still maintaining her composure. An ability to remain composed during stressful times, especially when the stress can be largely attributed to something as trivial as being slammed in the media, is a basic necessity for a US President. If you actually look at the body language of the two on the stage, you see one person who is nervous, uncomposed, has lost his sh*t, and is actually stalking Hillary threateningly around the stage. On the other side you see a woman who may roll her eyes a couple of times but her overall demeanor, even as a man stalks her around the stage, is relatively assured and calm.

Why is composure alone important? Think about the fact that recently, when some Iranian soldiers were verbally insulting US military in Iranian waters, this man actually running for US president said he would have killed them for doing so. He thinks this is an appropriate response when foreign soldiers yell insults because he's easily moved to action by stupidity like that. Hillary, on the other hand, would prefer not to start a third world war and put you and your children's lives at risk (as well as the lives of people around the world) because some not nice men said something mean.

At a very basic level, imagine those two people on that stage were pilots about to take you on a transatlantic flight and you had to choose between the two of them. There's no way I would want that angry, threatening man anywhere near the cockpit of my plane. Hillary, on the other hand, has demonstrated that she can maintain her composure through the scariest of turbulence. That's who I want flying my plane. And that's without even getting into their policies.

Well put.

Bottom line, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that these two are even being seriously compared.

People tell me they think Hillary will destroy the country. Seriously? She might take it in a direction you don't like, but I think if anything it will be same old, same old. With Trump, World War 3 is a likely scenario.

And we know how that might end, with atomic warfare destroying us all.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 12:07 pm
I agree with the other posters who said Hillary isn't the best at hiding her emotions and thoughts and smooth talking (for the embodiment of charisma and smooth talking see: Obama.) in terms of being honest, trump lies non stop. And yes, diplomacy and being well versed in actual policy are very important part of being president of the USA.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 12:11 pm
gande wrote:
Something bothers me about Hillary'a smile. It seems like a Pinocchio nose. Every time she lies and every time someone points out her failings it gets bigger and bigger. So fake.
Also I found it funny that most of the time she did not answer the questions to the point. She stuck to her carefully rehearsed lines.

Her smile reminds you of a nose?

Did you watch the debate? Did trump answer the questions or did he just repeat his mantras (we've gotta destroy isis) without ever explaining how?

youngishbear

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 12:15 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Her smile reminds you of a nose?

Did you watch the debate? Did trump answer the questions or did he just repeat his mantras (we've gotta destroy isis) without ever explaining how?

They both danced around the difficult questions but Hillary made an attempt to inspire and lift peoples hopes up while Trump talked about how terrible things are. Additionally, Hillary did a much better job with logical transitions between the question and her response. With Trump it was just this and that, complete word salad with no connection from A to B.

exaustedmom

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 12:31 pm
What is Hillary's plan? These 2 candidates are so busy trading insults that the real issues arent really talked about

Fox

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 12:51 pm
youngishbear wrote:
People tell me they think Hillary will destroy the country. Seriously? She might take it in a direction you don't like, but I think if anything it will be same old, same old. With Trump, World War 3 is a likely scenario.

You mentioned on another thread that you were too young to have voted for President Bill Clinton, and I think some historical perspective is important.

When baby boomers and near-baby boomers hear this, our eyes roll so far back in our heads they sometimes get stuck.

You can't imagine the rhetoric of this nature that preceded the 1980 election. Ronald Reagan was going to start a war and get us all killed! Electing him was a death sentence for the world! Yadda, yadda, yadda. Except that didn't happen. Instead, the Soviet Union fell and Communism was discredited. The rich got richer and the poor got richer.

And then the same thing in 2000. George W. Bush was a pawn of the oil industry who would destroy America and lock up black people. Again, things weren't perfect, but the earth is still turning, and we've even recovered somewhat from the fad of using one's home as an ATM.

One of the benefits of the U.S. governmental system is that it's relatively difficult for a president to actually ruin the country, and the most damaging actions are likely to be small, incremental ones rather than major ones.

gold21

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 12:52 pm
Lol. She totally changed her image when she started running for president. I don't remember her having a friendly smiley cheerful personality at all- AT ALL- prior to her presidential run, but now she's all about the positivity and the good cheer.

Whatever.

She's no saint.

Just saying.

Jeanette

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 1:00 pm
Fox wrote:
You mentioned on another thread that you were too young to have voted for President Bill Clinton, and I think some historical perspective is important.

When baby boomers and near-baby boomers hear this, our eyes roll so far back in our heads they sometimes get stuck.

You can't imagine the rhetoric of this nature that preceded the 1980 election. Ronald Reagan was going to start a war and get us all killed! Electing him was a death sentence for the world! Yadda, yadda, yadda. Except that didn't happen. Instead, the Soviet Union fell and Communism was discredited. The rich got richer and the poor got richer.

And then the same thing in 2000. George W. Bush was a pawn of the oil industry who would destroy America and lock up black people. Again, things weren't perfect, but the earth is still turning, and we've even recovered somewhat from the fad of using one's home as an ATM.

One of the benefits of the U.S. governmental system is that it's relatively difficult for a president to actually ruin the country, and the most damaging actions are likely to be small, incremental ones rather than major ones.

I don't want 4 years of circus. One year of campaign circus was more than I or the country could handle.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 1:12 pm
Fox wrote:

I agree that the changes a president himself can do are small... but Trump is precisely the person to antagonize every other country and take the most aggressive and impulsive approach in every crisis.

I am surprised at you Fox. Politics aside, Do you honestly not see how sick Trump is?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics