Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Does Hillarys acting smile make her a better president???
Previous  1  2  3  Next

whom do you vote for
Hillary  
 27%  [ 33 ]
Trump  
 72%  [ 86 ]
Total Votes : 119

marina

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 1:19 pm
Quote:
One of the benefits of the U.S. governmental system is that it's relatively difficult for a president to actually ruin the country, and the most damaging actions are likely to be small, incremental ones rather than major ones

According to a podcast I recently heard, the two areas a president holds power are foreign policy and enforcement of agency regulations. Reagan may have been inexperienced in foreign policy, but Trump is a bull in a china shop. He insults our allies and those whom we need as our allies.

It's very very difficult to imagine him actually working well with world leaders. It is very easy to imagine him going off about some conflict and engaging our troops. He would hold all the cards and would not need consent.

tichellady

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 1:45 pm
marina wrote:
Quote:
One of the benefits of the U.S. governmental system is that it's relatively difficult for a president to actually ruin the country, and the most damaging actions are likely to be small, incremental ones rather than major ones

According to a podcast I recently heard, the two areas a president holds power are foreign policy and enforcement of agency regulations. Reagan may have been inexperienced in foreign policy, but Trump is a bull in a china shop. He insults our allies and those whom we need as our allies.

It's very very difficult to imagine him actually working well with world leaders. It is very easy to imagine him going off about some conflict and engaging our troops. He would hold all the cards and would not need consent.

This article was interesting/terrifying, http://www.newyorker.com/magaz.....-term

I assume that Fox will say that it's terribly biased and inaccurate, I do n't know enough about economics and foreign policy to evaluate how true certain things are, but I certainly hope and pray that we don't ever get to find out what Trump's first term would look like.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 2:48 pm
gold21 wrote:
Lol. She totally changed her image when she started running for president. I don't remember her having a friendly smiley cheerful personality at all- AT ALL- prior to her presidential run, but now she's all about the positivity and the good cheer.

Whatever.

She's no saint.

Just saying.

I wouldn't describe her as smiley and warm now either. I think what people are reacting to from the debate was that her smile was cold, though part of that was that she was debating an opponent who interrupts, lies, and hits below the belt.

Her policy opinions are easily available on her website or from a simple google, his are more amorphous at this point.

octopus

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 2:55 pm
marina wrote:
Quote:

Ironically, Iran would rather deal with Trump than with Clinton, just because she is a woman.

relish

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 4:49 pm
Need to add to poll
Other
Not voting

Jeanette

Post Wed, Oct 12 2016, 8:37 pm
Before you know it trump will be bragging that the imamother poll shows him way ahead...

youngishbear

Post Wed, Oct 12 2016, 9:07 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Before you know it trump will be bragging that the imamother poll shows him way ahead...

"When you're a star, you can do anything."

bluebird

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 12:49 am
Wow, if you're not voting for someone because of their smile, you need to get a grip. Some of us don't have the polished facial expressions that other people do, or have facial features that don't look friendly. I sometimes get asked why I look angry or doubtful, but I'm not! It's just my face! (I think it's how my wrinkles look).

I have a friend who doesn't really know how to smile and ends up looking demented. If she ever needed to be on stage she'd need to have someone coach her as to how to smile properly.

Jeez Louise. There are plenty of reasons to criticize Hillary Clinton but how about we lay off on her appearance?

imasoftov

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 1:45 am
There's really no right amount of smiling a woman can do.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 7:49 am
This poll is very interesting because reading through the political threads here you'd think there is waaaay more support for Clinton than Trump. Guess it's not true. Clinton supporters just make more noise.

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 8:19 am
Hashem loves me wrote:
What is his concrete plan?
To pour a lot of concrete to build a wall on the Mexican border using his own contractors who will pour more cash into his pockets. Other than that , he has yet to provid any evidence of a concrete plan aside from his repeatedly shouted assurances that he will fix everything, and his megalomaniacal proclamations that he is "the only one" who can.

The man is genuine the way a rutting pig is genuine. He is lewd, crude, hateful,hate-mongering,,sexist,racist,self-agora fixing and narcissistic. And those are his better qualities. He has the maturity of a mayfly and the diplomatic skills of a wild boar. He is completely incapable of accepting criticism of any sort or of issuing a genuine apology. In short, he is a caveman who should not have been promoted out of preschool till he acquired basic civilization. He is not fit to be elected dog catcher, let alone leader of the free world.

imasinger

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 8:21 am
Zaq, I love you!

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 8:21 am
Self agora fixing should be self-aggrandizing. Hate that autocorrect.

wiki

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 11:16 am
MiracleMama wrote:
This poll is very interesting because reading through the political threads here you'd think there is waaaay more support for Clinton than Trump. Guess it's not true. Clinton supporters just make more noise.

More likely, lots of Imamothers are "Shy Trump supporters," who may plan to vote for him but aren't too proud of that decision.

Jeanette

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 11:22 am
wiki wrote:
More likely, lots of Imamothers are "Shy Trump supporters," who may plan to vote for him but aren't too proud of that decision.

Won't really matter in the end unless they live in Ohio or Florida.

wiki

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 11:27 am
Frum people who support Hillary, are, in my experience, more engaged in this election. Most of them don't love her, but feel a mission to convince other frum people that a vote for Trump is a vote for a completely unbalanced, mentally ill rasha who is unfit for the presidency in historic ways.

Just ask the Republican Speaker of the House. Around one-fifth of Republican Congressman are on the record that they cannot, will not, should not support their own party's nominee for the presidency.

This is not a normal election.

And to the OP, I've never met a single person who thinks Hillary's smile or empathetic skills are main reasons to elect her. Why would they be?

creditcards

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 1:06 pm
A lot of Americans are now very afraid of terrorism. The way Obama handled terrorism and the way Israel was criticized for defending itself was not normal. People are more calm with a president that says he will fight terror and not try to befriend them. That is what the terrorists need a crazy lunatic like them to fight them. I normal logical person can't fight terror. You Need to be an animal for that.

WhatFor

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 4:52 pm
creditcards wrote:
A lot of Americans are now very afraid of terrorism. The way Obama handled terrorism and the way Israel was criticized for defending itself was not normal. People are more calm with a president that says he will fight terror and not try to befriend them. That is what the terrorists need a crazy lunatic like them to fight them. I normal logical person can't fight terror. You Need to be an animal for that.

Terrorists need a crazy lunatic fight them?? Really?? They already have that. Look at the Mideast and the crazy terrorists killing each other. No one wins. I'll defer to the poised woman who understands what's going on over there:

Fox

Post Fri, Oct 14 2016, 2:36 pm
wiki wrote:

I have a different theory: I think most of the Imamothers who intend to vote for Trump do not want to be attacked. The snarkiness, rudeness, and general insulting done on Imamother election threads has been done almost all on one side.

Although we haven't had any threads closed, there have been some that probably should have been. I took a step away when a poster began leveling "Yiddish curses" at Republican Jews. Apparently she didn't quite get the idea of traditional Yiddish curses -- expressing anger by suggesting something that couldn't happen b'derech teveh -- and included things like having your husband leave you for another man (something that was no doubt distressing to the Imamothers to whom it has happened). Or perhaps she just really, really hates Jewish Republicans.

There are plenty of excellent arguments that can be made in favor and in opposition to both candidates. When people start shrieking that, "No there aren't! How can you even?" -- I usually feel comfortable walking confidently in the other direction.

creditcards

Post Fri, Oct 14 2016, 2:49 pm
no sensible women can possibly understand how a terrorists mind works. They have a different makeup than normal people. Their makeup is wild and have to be treated like wild animals not nice discussion negotiations.

WhatFor wrote:
Terrorists need a crazy lunatic fight them?? Really?? They already have that. Look at the Mideast and the crazy terrorists killing each other. No one wins. I'll defer to the poised woman who understands what's going on over there:

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics