Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Does anyone have Liberty health share insurance?
1  2  Next

rochelp

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 7:26 pm
We just signed up for this insurance . How does it work?

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 7:29 pm
If it is a health share it is not insurance.

rochelp

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 7:34 pm
What is it? do you have it?

iammom

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 7:37 pm
Did you not do research before signing up?

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 7:42 pm
rochelp wrote:
What is it? do you have it?

It's a health share, do some research. It will not cover pre existing conditions, many do not cover psych meds. In most states health shares are not regulated. Very few people actually benefit from a health share and very few health shares have the membership needed to pay for a catastrophic illness (if it were covered). Most health shares are offshoots of xtian ministries, Liberty is one. And with a health share you give up your right to medical privacy. Did you read what you signed?

Why did you choose a health share to begin with?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....istry

rochelp

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 7:50 pm
I did it because health insurance is just not affordable!

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 7:57 pm
rochelp wrote:
I did it because health insurance is just not affordable!

And what made you think a health share would work like insurance??? It doesn't pay for shots, well care, or maternity, mammograms, colonoscopies, biopsies and many matters of routine healthcare that insurance would provide.

rochelp

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 8:07 pm
Do you know that for a fact? They said it covers well exams .. And everything else after u pay the $1500 "deductible "

happy12

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 8:16 pm
I work in a medical office. A patient came in with this insurance card. We got paid for the visit in less than a month.

rochelp

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 8:19 pm
Happy 12 your saying it was good?

happy12

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 8:36 pm
Not saying it's good. Just saying we got payment.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 8:44 pm
happy12 wrote:
I work in a medical office. A patient came in with this insurance card. We got paid for the visit in less than a month.

Are you quite sure it was Liberty Health Share and not one of the Liberties that are health insurance companies? The documentation that LHS provides on their website indicates that because of it being a health share the patient most go through a process of ensuring that the amt. to be paid is the lowest amt. that the patient can negotiate with the provider. Did you negotiate and agree on the price of services? Because it is a health share it the claim will be submitted to the membership so that they can choose if they want to health share your particular medical expense. This process doesn't take overnight nor does it happen in a vacuum.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 8:55 pm
rochelp wrote:
Do you know that for a fact? They said it covers well exams .. And everything else after u pay the $1500 "deductible "

I sat on a state committee that reviewed health shares in my state. I'm rather well versed on the subject. And that 'deductible' is not a deductible.

rochelp

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 9:05 pm
Magenta yenta.. Can u explain what it is?

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 9:16 pm
rochelp wrote:
Magenta yenta.. Can u explain what it is?

I posted a wiki link up thread. A group of people agree to pay eachothers medical bills upon review and subject to many conditions. The HS provides the information on the services you received to other members. They decided if they will pay your bill from their monthly portion of contributions. Before that happens you need to negotiate your bill to the lowest cost. Then you need to provide the HS with a list of other resources you have to pay, including charities etc. You then have to provide some evidence to them that you have investigated the other options for payment.

You should have been aware of this process because by becoming a member you will be getting requests for sharing (depending on the program of your choosing) and reviewing the requests of others.

You should also be aware that when you sign their release for medical history it has a lot of fine print, that fine print explains how and when you give up your right to medical privacy.

ETA: Here is more fine print, 'As a community of people we try our best to live out J*esus Christ's mandates.'

rochelp

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 9:54 pm
I'm just thinking I wonder if it's halachicly allowed?

rochelp

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 9:55 pm
Is it something I will have to be busy with every time I have a claim

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 10:00 pm
rochelp wrote:
Is it something I will have to be busy with every time I have a claim

You will be busy with it regardless of whether you have a claim. Others will have claims. Please please read the wiki link I provided and review all the documents you signed. You really need to educate yourself as to just what you committed to.

rochelp

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 10:23 pm
Thanks!! I guess anything "too cheap" is a red flag

unexpected

Post Fri, Oct 14 2016, 1:32 am
I have it!
We asked our Rav who said it was fine. You do not promise to live by religious mandates, only ethical ones
It basically works the same as insurance, unless the dr says he doesn't take it, then u need to submit it yourself. I have used it for some pretty major stuff and all my providers were pretty impressed
My dr even switched her own family on to it...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics