Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Pres Hillary Clinton means increased Muslim immigration
1  2  Next

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Oct 18 2016, 11:54 pm
Hillary Clinton increasing Muslim immigration worries me.

There ought to be more focus on Hillary Clintons plan to increase Muslim immigration, because of the security situation in France after Muslim immigration, where Jews are beaten on the street and need military-grade security at their synagogues, schools and communal institutions.

That's what mass immigration from Muslim countries means.

How much can you "vet" everyone coming in. Statistically, the more potential Jew-haters who come in, the higher our security risk.

Is anyone naive enough to say the USA is totally different, and we will never become another France, because yada yada yada.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 12:02 am
The best thing about this yom tov was that not once did anyone mention the names Clinton or Trump to me for 48 hours. I have to say, even though I worked very hard to make yom tov, and was very busy all yom tov, I was a lot less stressed just not thinking about the election at all.

Anyway.... of course Clinton's immigration plans are concerning. Only an idiot could look at what has happened to Europe and think this is a good idea. Meanwhile you think Trump will keep us all safe? He's worth worrying about too.

I'll go and vote Trump but really either way we're doomed with such leaders. Thankfully Hashem is the one really in charge. Because these 2 fools are hopeless both of them.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 12:47 am
amother wrote:
The best thing about this yom tov was that not once did anyone mention the names Clinton or Trump to me for 48 hours. I have to say, even though I worked very hard to make yom tov, and was very busy all yom tov, I was a lot less stressed just not thinking about the election at all.

I cant see the future, but Im scared. There were calm and peaceful Yomim Tovim in France (relative to whats going on there now) before France became what it is today.

This all came about thanks to Muslim-friendly, short sighted French politicians who were voted in with a democratic system, who couldnt or chose not to see what was in store for them.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 8:04 am
I wish the candidates well. I didn't want to turn on the news after yom tov and hear that say, someone had a health event, etc. But I was truly hoping to hear that they were both abducted by aliens. Kind aliens, who would treat them well on their lovely planet for a very extended period of time, but aliens.

Miri7

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 11:47 am
Frankly, I am more concerned about the alt-right anti-Semites in the USA getting all riled up. Their conspiracy theories about Jewish world domination have been legitimized by a presidential candidate.

These folks are already here, we have no way of keeping them out since they are American citizens.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 12:07 pm
Miri7 wrote:
Frankly, I am more concerned about the alt-right anti-Semites in the USA getting all riled up. Their conspiracy theories about Jewish world domination have been legitimized by a presidential candidate.

These folks are already here, we have no way of keeping them out since they are American citizens.

The NY Times just posted a story in the huge increase in anti-semitic tweets.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10......html

Not to mention this lovely image posted by a Trump supporter, who didn't care for Politico's Hadas Gold (hidden because its disturbing]:

Hidden: 

They've also been doxed, and there's also a suggestion to put things in their doors. https://usuncut.com/politics/t.....eats/ (Not usually a source I'd cite, but I checked it out, and it seems true.)

This is what happens when you start to justify racism in any manner. Once you say that we can talk about keeping out "the Muslims," or building a wall on the Mexican border, you open up racism of all manner. And you have to know that the next one attacked will always be the Jews.

Fox

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 12:57 pm
Oh, well, if the NY Times says anti-Semitic tweeters are inspired by Trump, I guess we can believe them.

Wait! Is this the same NY Times whose reporters "teed up" stories beneficial to the Clinton campaign (Maggie Haberman) and gave the Clinton campaign suggestions on defusing potential problems (John Harwood)?

The stuff coming out of Wikileaks and Project Veritas shows the Clinton campaign/DNC has incited violence and participated in vote fraud. Even if Clinton wins the election, her time will be taken up by special prosecutors. The revelations coming out are far worse than Watergate.

And cutting off Julian Assange's Internet -- the trail is already unraveling!

sequoia

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 12:59 pm
Ugh, I had no idea how much of the population was genuinely treasonous.

This is why we can't have nice things.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 1:01 pm
Fox wrote:
Oh, well, if the NY Times says anti-Semitic tweeters are inspired by Trump, I guess we can believe them.

Wait! Is this the same NY Times whose reporters "teed up" stories beneficial to the Clinton campaign (Maggie Haberman) and gave the Clinton campaign suggestions on defusing potential problems (John Harwood)?

The stuff coming out of Wikileaks and Project Veritas shows the Clinton campaign/DNC has incited violence and participated in vote fraud. Even if Clinton wins the election, her time will be taken up by special prosecutors. The revelations coming out are far worse than Watergate.

And cutting off Julian Assange's Internet -- the trail is already unraveling!

If Trump supporters tortured puppies, you'd say "oh well, did you hear about Clinton?"

Is none of this really of any interest to you? Do you really not worry about the alt right doxing Jewish reporters, and urging their supporter to go to their homes and place materials in their doors or mailboxes, to frighten them?

Fox

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 1:17 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Is none of this really of any interest to you? Do you really not worry about the alt right doxing Jewish reporters, and urging their supporter to go to their homes and place materials in their doors or mailboxes, to frighten them?

Yes, but I've read and investigated it and even followed some of the primary anti-Semites on Twitter and Gab. Here's my conclusion:

These people definitely bear watching and should be scrutinized and marginalized as much as possible. However, they have so far not posed much existential danger.

That makes them different from Omar Mateen, Rizwan Farook, and Nidal Hasan.

Of course, it's always possible that the hard-core anti-Semites might up their game. I hear Robert Creamer and Scott Focal are now both in the job market.

WhatFor

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 1:49 pm
Side note: only congress has control over naturalization in the US. So if you liked Hillary on everything but this, you could vote for Republicans down ballot without voting for the Republican presidential candidate.

rfeig613

Post Wed, Nov 02 2016, 1:55 pm
A few nuts in the Alt Right cannot compare to the Trojan horse of hundreds of thousands of radical Muslims Hillary wants to bring in. In January, JTA reported that a kippah-wearing French businessman was attacked and robbed in an apparent anti-Semitic attack in Germany.

Police later arrested the alleged attackers, refugees from Syria and Afghanistan. The early Saturday morning attack took place at a ferry and train station on the island of Puttgarden.

The alleged assailants were released with the requirement that they report for a court hearing when called.

Police said they called the victim “Jew” in Arabic, threw him to the ground, stepped on his hand and took his shoulder bag that contained money, a cellphone and other valuables.

The 30-year-old Syrian and 19-year-old Afghani were arrested aboard a train heading to a refugee shelter in Neumünster, Germany.

If you elect Hillary, we'll be living with this reality in America every single day.

imasinger

Post Wed, Nov 02 2016, 2:10 pm
Ugh, this kind of hate speech is what I always associated with the Palestinian textbooks and teachers.

It is even more vile to hear from Jews.

Not all Muslims are terrorists.

I dislike Ms. Clinton's behavior for many reasons, but she is not planning on bringing in hundreds of thousands of radical Muslims.

She's talking about allowing in refugees, who are running from the radicals.

rfeig613

Post Wed, Nov 02 2016, 2:12 pm
imasinger wrote:
Ugh, this kind of hate speech is what I always associated with the Palestinian textbooks and teachers.

It is even more vile to hear from Jews.

Not all Muslims are terrorists.

I dislike Ms. Clinton's behavior for many reasons, but she is not planning on bringing in hundreds of thousands of radical Muslims.

She's talking about allowing in refugees, who are running from the radicals.

If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

There's proof that these "refugees" are anti-semites. How come you never see any women or children coming? These "refugees" are all young men in their 20s and 30s ready to rape, kill, stab, and behead.

Don't you know Islam teaches them to hate the infidel?

Islam, as a religion, is monotheistic, not avodah zarah. But it glorifies murder and makes murder a religious tenet, jihad is a mitzvah for them. Murder is as bad as avodah zarah.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Nov 02 2016, 3:04 pm
rfeig613 wrote:

There's proof that these "refugees" are anti-semites. How come you never see any women or children coming? These "refugees" are all young men in their 20s and 30s ready to rape, kill, stab, and behead.

I read a touching article about how a family was being resettled in my metro area.
Assuming they're being well-vetted, I think it's in our best interests as immigrants not to unilaterally oppose immigration.

imasinger

Post Wed, Nov 02 2016, 3:11 pm
Where is your proof that the refugees are all male, in their 20's and 30's, and bent on raping, killing, stabbing and beheading?

Are you quoting Ben Carson, whom FactCheck showed was wrong?

Here's the reality:

Quote:

Of the more than 8,000 Syrian refugees admitted to the country so far, 78% are women or children, according figures released by the State Department this month. Fifty-eight percent are children, with a roughly even split between girls and boys.

I have posted elsewhere on the board about the women and children whom I have personally met who are Syrian refugees, and how my mother's town has formed an amazing bond with the young mother who settled there.

Of the young males who are refugees in Europe, there are both horrible stories, and heartwarming stories.

Demonizing people is always wrong.

We don't use baby blood in our matza. And not every young Muslim man is a terrorist.

I have no problem with the OP, who has a legitimate concern about the challenge of vetting a larger group.

I do have a problem with outright racism and xenophobia. In general, and because it always backfires on the Jews in the end.

rfeig613

Post Wed, Nov 02 2016, 3:14 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I read a touching article about how a family was being resettled in my metro area.
Assuming they're being well-vetted, I think it's in our best interests as immigrants not to unilaterally oppose immigration.

My great great grandparents were immigrants, over 115 years ago. None of them came from a place that hated America. They loved America, they learned English and were patriotic, while clinging fiercely to their yiddishkeit. They payed their taxes, the men fought in 2 world wars, Korea, and Vietnam, and we're an upstanding family. My brothers go to work, pay their taxes, and are all good people.

We don't go around believing that we should impose sharia law, rape women, and behead infidels. Look at the Middle East. Thsoe are the fruits of Islam. Why do we want it here? Our Sephardic friends came here to get away from Muslims.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Nov 02 2016, 3:16 pm
rfeig613 wrote:

Don't you know Islam teaches them to hate the infidel?

Islam, as a religion, is monotheistic, not avodah zarah. But it glorifies murder and makes murder a religious tenet, jihad is a mitzvah for them. Murder is as bad as avodah zarah.

The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees — which refers refugees for resettlement in other countries — says there are more than 4 million registered Syrian refugees. Its figures on the demographic makeup of refugees is based on available data on the 2.1 million who were registered by the UNHCR in Egypt, Iraq, Jordan and Lebanon. (Another 1.9 million Syrian refugees were registered by the Government of Turkey, and more than 24,000 were registered in North Africa.)

UNHCR’s data show that 50.5 percent of refugees are women. Females age 18 to 59 make up 23.9 percent of the refugees, while males in that age group make up 21.8 percent.
Even younger males — age 12 to 17 — represent 6.5 percent of refugees, while females that age are 6.1 percent. The majority of refugees — 51.1 percent — are under age 17, including 38.5 percent who are younger than 12 years old. These numbers were as of Sept. 6, 2015.

As of 2015, 43% of all Syrian refugess who came to the US were under age 14 (and evenly divided male and female). Only 14% of refugees who came to the US were males, age 14 to 30.

But I'm sure you have proof that the refugees are really all men, age 14 to 30, bent on beheading Jews. Really good proof. Let me tell you, its great proof. The best proof there is. I spoke to someone, and he told me that its great proof. But you want to keep me in suspense as to what the proof is.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Nov 02 2016, 3:20 pm
rfeig613 wrote:
My great great grandparents were immigrants, over 115 years ago. None of them came from a place that hated America. They loved America, they learned English and were patriotic, while clinging fiercely to their yiddishkeit. They payed their taxes, the men fought in 2 world wars, Korea, and Vietnam, and we're an upstanding family. My brothers go to work, pay their taxes, and are all good people.

We don't go around believing that we should impose sharia law, rape women, and behead infidels. Look at the Middle East. Thsoe are the fruits of Islam. Why do we want it here? Our Sephardic friends came here to get away from Muslims.

Which is why they need to do such careful vetting.
And this takes time. While we don't want to build up another displaced people society such as the Palestinians have created, there should be some efforts to create safe zones for people who want to get out in the interim.

Fox

Post Wed, Nov 02 2016, 3:20 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

All of us have heard of families or individuals that we'd happily take into our own homes. However, making broad policy decisions based on anecdotes is rarely the best way to proceed.

Likewise, many of us are reminded of the predicament of Jews fleeing Europe during WWII, and we are reluctant to impose that fate on others.

However, the two situations are not completely analogous, and we can't allow our inborn trait of chesed to overcome our assessment of potential danger.

* Appropriate vetting is lengthy, expensive, and sometimes impossible.

* Current policies significantly favor Muslim immigrants over Christian immigrants from the same region. This makes no sense whatsoever, since Christians are usually in far greater danger.

* Not only is there a significant risk of allowing jihadi cells to immigrate, there is an even greater risk of allowing Islamist religious leaders to set up an infrastructure. In Europe, the experience has been that the children of immigrants are most susceptible to radicalization, and we've already seen that in Orlando.

* The immigrant pool that has immigrated to Europe has been almost completely unskilled and frequently without any real education. The current economic climate in the U.S. means that immigrants would not only create a huge burden on our social services, they would take jobs from some of the most vulnerable Americans.

I don't favor any ridiculous bans on immigration, but I think we have to be very careful not to allow our emotions to dictate our policies.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics