Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Nouvelle Cuisine Presentation, allowed on Shabos and Y"T?

Mevater

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 1:44 am
Can anyone identify these dishes, and give pointers on presentation techniques?

Is drawing the designs and dots with sauces, on plates and constructing these dishes allowed on Shabbos and Yom Tov?

[6gDqABoACgD/9k=[/img]

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 2:02 am
http://www.marthastewart.com/2.....dites

Mevater

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 7:49 am
ra_mom wrote:
http://www.marthastewart.com/295623/individual-crudites

Thanks! Stunning!

What a sensational look, and we enjoy the taste more if it looks stunning. This would look amazing on the side of an individual salad or appetizer plate or main dish plate.

Until I looked closely, I thought the photo I posted had individual zucchini bases, which is an option. Either way it's stunning.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 7:54 am
No, I can't identify. I have EVERYTHING, including marinated salads and bases for tossed salads, prepared before yom tov.
But as a I say to the kids in really cool heels, I admire the architecture.

Mevater

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 8:04 am
PinkFridge wrote:
I have EVERYTHING, including marinated salads and bases for tossed salads, prepared before yom tov.

In photos 2 and 3, if you need 10 portions, that would require HUGE refrigerator space to prepare 10 plates with the sauce artwork in advance of Shabbos or Yom Tov. Theres no way you can stack them.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 8:10 am
Mevater wrote:
In photos 2 and 3, if you need 10 portions, that would require HUGE refrigerator space to prepare 10 plates with the sauce artwork in advance of Shabbos or Yom Tov. Theres no way you can stack them.

Reason #389 why this stuff isn't even on my radar Wink

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 9:34 am
Photo 3 is an avocado cup topped with caviar. It looks like the cup is filled with rice.
The 5th picture is salmon and oysters. I'm not sure of what fruits/vegetables are on the plate.
The 1st picture may be chicken salad with fried onions.
2nd picture is dessert of some kind. Google dessert sauce designs.

Marion

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 12:33 pm
I thought the first one was coleslaw in an apple "bowl" topped with fried onion...

2nd one looks like chocolate something or other with vanilla ice cream, raspberries, and raspberry/vanilla coulis.

zaq

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 3:14 pm
Given that my halacha teacher told us you aren't even allowed to smooth out the top of dishes like tuna and egg salad to make them more attractive but must serve them as is, it's reasonable to conclude that building fancy food flowers, towers and mosaics is also verboten.

ally

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 3:25 pm
This is probably not allowed Wink

https://vimeo.com/162494936?ref=em-share

nicole81

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 4:00 pm
Mevater wrote:

That's one of the reasons why when my fridge broke I purchased my new one with a separate pull out drawer. No one in my family is allowed to touch "my" drawer which I use for large platters and appetizer plates among other things.

oliveoil

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 8:58 pm
first one looks like a cup made out of very fine, fanned cucumber. Filled with crab meat (and probably other things that we can't see), topped with something crispy for texture, and there is a herb oil and what looks like maybe an aoli of sorts.

The problem with that sort of plating is that:

a) it needs to be done immediately before serving. It cannot be prepared in advance.

b) if not done perfectly, the food ends up looking overly handled and unappetizing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen