Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
ISO meat pizza recipe

balibusta

Post Wed, Oct 19 2016, 7:51 pm
ISO meat pizza recipe

rdmom

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 12:47 am
I make a really easy one. I buy the ready dough. Baked in Brooklyn makes a really good one. Spread garlic mayo over it and then put beef fry on top. Drizzle BBQ sauce on top and bake.

I have tried being adventurous once and also put on pulled beef. From jacks. Was delicious too.

This is the easy version. And so yummy

ally

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 1:12 am
I fry mushroom and onion. Add mince meat and brown. Then I add some beer, hoisin sauce, garlic powder and let the beer evaporate.
Spread tomato paste over dough and top with meat mixture.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 1:14 am
Ground lamb browned with garlic, onions and spices and a bit of tomatoes. Sprinkle the whole thing with zatar.

heidi

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 1:45 am
How long do you bake it for?

ally

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 10:15 am
heidi wrote:
How long do you bake it for?

Until the dough is cooked and browned slightly at the edge

mom2six

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 10:23 am
I don't brown the meat first. I make my regular pizza dough, spread on homemade pizza sauce, and then sprinkle on chopped onion and ground meat. I bake it until the meat looks ready. Because it's sprinkled on like cheese, it bakes very quickly so no prior browning is necessary. And IMO it tastes better this way since the meat is less dry.

BrachaC

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 11:58 am
I make a 2nd cut brisket in the crock pot- spice mix and a beer. Cook it until it shreds.

Buy the flatbread pizza crusts from Trader Joe's. ( I don't live in NY, I saw an identical product from a more haimish brand in Monsey on a visit).

I use either a zesty tomato based dip as a sauce, or one time I couldn't get it so I used the Heinz carmelized onion and bacon flavored ketchup.

assemble the pizzas and bake between 10 and 15 minutes.

It's been a big hit each time I served.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus