Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Is this normal? eating food left out of fridge
1  2  Next

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 10:22 pm
So I was by my sis law for first days and I made her a broccoli salad . It was a big hit and it was mostly eaten. However it was forgotten to put back in fridge/ next morning I was ready to toss it out . My sis law said no it's still good and she and her family ate it. I was horrified ! What are your thoughts?

MamaBear

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 10:23 pm
Not normal or safe at all. Oy

newface34

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 10:25 pm
Don't judge. Simple as that. I'm sure they've done it before and haven't gotten sick.
Judging favorable in more important than finding out if this is "normal"... which normal isn't even a thing since there are too many people in the world.
Why have other people here comment things that give into your feelings that would only make you think of your family (or anyone) in a negative judgemental way.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 10:27 pm
They are wonderful people I'm not judging them in any other way. I was just simply shocked

newface34

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 10:28 pm
"Horrified" was a strong word maybe. Shocking I can totally understand that.

groovy1224

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 10:34 pm
Horrified? A bit over the top. But yeah that's kind of gross.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 10:35 pm
I was horrified because to me that's crazy and unsafe not because I think their bad people

newface34

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 10:41 pm
People don't have to be bad in order to judge them.
Maybe to her she would leave mayo, lemon, broccoli and onions out of the fridge all night so why not altogether.
I personally wouldn't eat it either. But maybe ask her... maybe she doesn't know it's not the healthiest way to keep salads...

ayintova

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 11:08 pm
That must have been a really yummy salad!

cnc

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 11:13 pm
She may be unaware of food safety rules.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 11:20 pm
My husband told her in the morning it's unsafe she just said we always eat it.. After she ate it she said that was rly good

cnc

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 11:21 pm
Care to share the recipe? Smile

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 11:24 pm
lol I know this is turning into a joke I just wanted feedback from u guys..

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 11:47 pm
It really depends. If it was cold in the house and the food felt at least a little cool to the touch.... well, I still wouldn't eat it but I'd respect someone else's choice to go for it.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Oct 21 2016, 4:54 am
I do it sometimes, and I'm not even ashamed to say it. Especially if the salad was made late at night, like now on Chol Hamoed. Things do get left out by mistake, or if I fall asleep before I have a chance to clean up. I wake up early regardless, and if the salad is still outside, and I loooved it yesterday, why not? Safety? I've done this waaay before the safety rule has come out, and nothing ever happened. So sometimes I do feel that government regulations are way too strict. Now don't get me wrong. I do vote for keeping food safe, but sometimes I just cannot help going back to good ol' fashioned style.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 21 2016, 5:32 am
Normal. Ha, America...

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Oct 21 2016, 5:42 am
How long was it really left out? And what could have possibly been in there that would have been an issue?

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Oct 21 2016, 8:09 am
Well it had mayo in it which shouldn't be left out for more than a few hours.. It was left out from the meal until after the day meal...

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Oct 21 2016, 8:20 am
amother wrote:
I do it sometimes, and I'm not even ashamed to say it. Especially if the salad was made late at night, like now on Chol Hamoed. Things do get left out by mistake, or if I fall asleep before I have a chance to clean up. I wake up early regardless, and if the salad is still outside, and I loooved it yesterday, why not? Safety? I've done this waaay before the safety rule has come out, and nothing ever happened. So sometimes I do feel that government regulations are way too strict. Now don't get me wrong. I do vote for keeping food safe, but sometimes I just cannot help going back to good ol' fashioned style.

If you are not ashamed to say it, why are you amother?

The Happy Wife

Post Fri, Oct 21 2016, 8:25 am
amother wrote:
Well it had mayo in it which shouldn't be left out for more than a few hours.. It was left out from the meal until after the day meal...

Actually , store bought mayo only needs to be refrigerated for quality purposes, not safety. You can google it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen