Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Is this normal? eating food left out of fridge
Previous  1  2

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Oct 21 2016, 8:30 am
Why does it matter? She didn't demand that you partake against your better judgement. That's her business if she wants to risk food poinsoning. It's anyway a very low likelihood. Maybe not low enough for you, but it's not exacly Russian Roulette either. I have eaten stuff accidentally left out. Admittedly not stuff with mayo, that would definitely have me balk, but I have made the decision that I'd rather take my chances than throw out something that was probably perfectly good.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Oct 21 2016, 10:37 am
amother wrote:
Why does it matter? She didn't demand that you partake against your better judgement. That's her business if she wants to risk food poinsoning. It's anyway a very low likelihood. Maybe not low enough for you, but it's not exacly Russian Roulette either. I have eaten stuff accidentally left out. Admittedly not stuff with mayo, that would definitely have me balk, but I have made the decision that I'd rather take my chances than throw out something that was probably perfectly good.

If it was commercial mayo, its very unlikely to go bad, even if left out of the refrigerator for a few hours to overnight, unless the kitchen was very warm.

cm

Post Fri, Oct 21 2016, 10:39 am
Ruchel wrote:
Normal. Ha, America...

What does this mean?

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Oct 21 2016, 10:44 am
cm wrote:
What does this mean?

I think it means that Americans are more paranoid about food safety and perhaps also more wasteful?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Oct 21 2016, 1:23 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
If you are not ashamed to say it, why are you amother?

So you don't bash me, which you did anyway! LOL LOL LOL

tf

Post Fri, Oct 21 2016, 1:25 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
I think it means that Americans are more paranoid about food safety and perhaps also more wasteful?

Oooooh yeees!! For sure!

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Oct 21 2016, 3:41 pm
I'm actually surprised by the responses .. I thought it would be wow that's terrible unsafe kind not well .. If the Mayo is bought etc.. Why take chances ?

rdmom

Post Fri, Oct 21 2016, 4:45 pm
Not saying right or wrong. I wouldn't eat it but to each his own.

Just wanted to comment. I have a NYS license for food safety. Bought mayo, even opened, does not need to be refrigerated. I grew up with my dad who also has a license in food safety and this was his mantra for years. No fridge for the mayo. So if you ppl are nervous about the mayo part, that's the safest part of all.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen