Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight loss anxiety

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 10:20 am
I have to lose at least 59 lbs to fit into the "normal" category for BMI. That will keep me at the highest weight of "normal". I know BMI doesn't mean all that much but it's no secret that I need to lose 50 lbs minimum and then would love to go down another 10-20.
The anxiety of the numbers is making me crazy. I know I should think only 5 at a time or just that the direction is losing and not gaining...but it's not working!!!
I guess this is just a vent...or looking for support...anybody been there done that...need to do that and we can support each other...

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 10:29 am
amother wrote:
I have to lose at least 59 lbs to fit into the "normal" category for BMI. That will keep me at the highest weight of "normal". I know BMI doesn't mean all that much but it's no secret that I need to lose 50 lbs minimum and then would love to go down another 10-20.
The anxiety of the numbers is making me crazy. I know I should think only 5 at a time or just that the direction is losing and not gaining...but it's not working!!!
I guess this is just a vent...or looking for support...anybody been there done that...need to do that and we can support each other...

I'm with you.
My problem is keeping it off.
I've lost the same 50-60lbs, so many times, it's crazy already.
I've done some crazy diets, but it all came down to 1 thing, I need to learn self control.
Last year I lost 50lbs, had 10 more to get to my goal.

Then came Shavuot (Pesach was fine), summer, Tishre, up 15lbs.
Uch, this yo-young needs to stop.

I would love a partner that will help keep me on track.
That will tell me it's ok to throw the junk out, and that I don't need to finish the package.

And on top of everything, I have no kids home, so I really have no excuse to keep the stuff home.
The kids did visit for YT, so now I have tons of junk in the house, mostly 1/2 open stuff, icecream, chicken nuggets, cakes, chips, etc. do I just throw it all out?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 10:49 am
amother wrote:

The kids did visit for YT, so now I have tons of junk in the house, mostly 1/2 open stuff, icecream, chicken nuggets, cakes, chips, etc. do I just throw it all out?

Put it in a box and give it to a neighbor with young kids. Tell her the truth, that she's doing you a favor by getting it out of your reach, but she's free to throw out whatever she doesn't want.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise