Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Urgent help: my 3 yr old is not making #2

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 9:15 pm
my 3 yr old dd refused to make #2 in the toilet, In the begining I thought that it's constipation and that she is having hard time, but than I realized she is holding herself, literally clothing her thigh very strong that nothing should come out, I need to sit with her and open up her feet very hard so she can't control it and it comes out, to me it seems like a psychology problem, any ideas what can I do?

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 9:28 pm
My 3 year old son typically refuses to make #2 in the potty.

I started with the "carrot" and now I'm onto the "stick". But he doesn't hold it in, just goes in his pants because he's too busy playing to stop for a #2 break.

Do you know why she doesn't want to go? Is she scared?

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 9:28 pm
For starters, please stop what youre doing. It's abusive.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 10:29 pm
Let her make in a pamper. It's normal for children to not wanna make in the toilet #2 after they are potty trained
My child kept it in for years, until she got so bloated and constipated, was having chest pain, so we went to the ER and the stock was so hard and impacted, that it had to be removed manually. BH everything came out and no surgery was necessary. She was on ex lax andiralax for a few month. And now is going daily on her own.

sheifelah

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 11:01 pm
Glycerin suppositories? Peaches/apricots/plums?

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 11:09 pm
btdt,
white grapejuice and pear juice work amazingly well...

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 11:10 pm
I let my ds use my phone to watch videos and play games until he relaxes and it comes out. A little desperate, but it works. The point is that he shouldn't think about it and have positive associations with going to the bathroom. I also have him sit on the toilet every morning before he does anything else, even if nothing comes out on a given day, I find the schedule works well. For a while, he was trying to hold it in on Shabbos because he couldn't have the phone. I told him if he did that, he would not be able to use the phone during the week. On Shabbos, he takes a large pile of picture books. Once he asked me if he could have extra time on my phone to make up for Shabbos. I allowed it, but he hasn't asked again.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 11:20 pm
Do not force it! It's very normal for children to have a fear of making #2 and forcing it will make things worse. Miralax. Non habit forming. And a lifesaver.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics