Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Seciton8 /HUD - please enlighten me

Tadam

Post Sat, Oct 29 2016, 3:26 pm
I belong to a low income category. Anyone know anything about section 8 and HUD housing assitance? are they the same thing? diff. things? what is the difference? what is more worth it? what is easier to get?
Please help me figure this out....
TIA

cnc

Post Sat, Oct 29 2016, 7:32 pm
FWIU they are the same thing but different programs in different states. I don't think you can pick which one to get- in NJ it would be HUD. Other places- Section 8.
There is a very long waiting list especially for section 8 and in some places they're not accepting new applications.

sourstix

Post Sat, Oct 29 2016, 9:04 pm
If you live in New Jersey it's called hud. From time to time they open for more cases and I see it in the newspaper. I don't know more then that.

Pandabeer

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 1:26 am
which newspaper?

imalady

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 1:48 pm
THe department of Housing and Urban development(HUD) issues grants for vouchers to the states. This is called section 8 of whatever law it is. Same thing

Google local HUD offices and start calling all those in your area. If you have no income (as in recently lost a job or whatever) you can get temporary assistance in some cases.

Call and ask. Sometimes they do have some funds available.

sourstix

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 2:12 pm
I usually see it in the Lakewood shopper
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains