Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Farberware stainless steel pots
1  2  Next

Maryann

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 5:01 am
Is this a good price for these pots? 10 peice stainless steel farberware set for 60$?
Should I wait for black Friday do you think they will go cheaper? And any feedback on these pots? R they the best like pple claim for it to be?? Tia

https://www.amazon.com/Farberw.....+pots

sweetpotato

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 9:24 am
This website tracks Amazon prices and will tell you the highest and lowest prices they've been listed at, and on which dates:

www.camelcamelcamel.com

Here's the results for that pot set:

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Far.....T722K

The lowest price it's ever been listed at is $44, but that was in 2014. Over the past year, it hasn't gone below $52. $60 is a pretty average price for that set, it appears. You could save by waiting till Black Friday, but you don't know necessarily what they'll choose to discount.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 9:25 am
It's a good price but I personally do not like the glass covers (I have both). They're harder to clean.
The 15 piece set has an awesome 4 quart pot included which is a size I use so often. I just find it better all around.

Maryann

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 9:27 am
Thx so much sweet potato and ra mam u both so helpful

Ra mom-what do you mean glass lids, from what I see in pic they are metal lids?? Am I not seeing right?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 9:28 am
I see glass lids in the picture of the 10 piece set and stainless lids in the picture of the 15 piece set.
You can see it in the first picture, and more clearly in the last picture.

Maryann

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 9:30 am
Ok I guess I can sort of see now I'm on my phone so hard to see....
Anyway are they good pots?? Like what would u recommend (let's say I get 15 peice)

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 9:33 am
I like it. I got my set 11 years ago. People say the quality has changed since but I've bought a few more pieces to add (I love that they stack!) like a huge 12" stainless pan 10 years ago and a 6 quart pot 9 years ago and we like them all. We also bought a second set 8 years ago, for Pesach.

Maryann

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 9:35 am
Thx ra mom., yes I see what you mean about the lids now even though the 15 peice is 90$ and I just need to top up, I married a while and my frying pans are getting ruined already

2 more questions...
Do they fry well? Like r they really non stick ect?
And can I out all pots in oven even though they have those black handles?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 9:39 am
Maryann wrote:
Thx ra mom., yes I see what you mean about the lids now even though the 15 peice is 90$ and I just need to top up, I married a while and my frying pans are getting ruined already

2 more questions...
Do they fry well? Like r they really non stick ect?
And can I out all pots in oven even though they have those black handles?

The nonstick pans work well but be aware that under the nonstick material is a metal that is not stainless steel so it doesn't wear very prettily. Do not use metal utensils in the frying pan, or like any nonstick, it will scratch off. Use wooden spoons and when using a fork to pic up a piece of meat, do not pierce down into the nonstick coating. The pans are something that you'll have to update very 10 years or so but those aren't expensive. I think I've seen a pack of 2 for $20?
I wouldn't put the pots in the oven. Technically you can cover the knobs and handles with silver foil before putting in the oven but your pots won't age well.

Maryann

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 9:42 am
Thx,,, I need a milchig pot also that's why I thought to get a few new pots bc comes out cheaper....
I ju found on target this 10 set for 49$!

Maryann

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 9:44 am
Oh hang on , I don't think it's farberware stainless steel?
Is this good?

http://www.target.com/p/farber.....45437

Maryann

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 9:46 am
It seems like one frying pan is stainless steel the other is aluminum, is this what I would get if I order from Amazon for 60$?
Does this set look the same? Tia

sweetpotato

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 9:56 am
The Target and Amazon sets do look exactly the same, but you'd have to read the descriptions carefully and check the SKUs (the product ID numbers) to be certain.

These sets both have glass lids.

The nonstick pans are aluminum only (not aluminum core with stainless steel cladding like the other pots), but that's actually fine/typical for nonstick pans. The nonstick coating will wear off after 2-3 years of heavy use (it will flake off, and it won't be fully nonstick anymore), so you'll need to replace the pan. That means there's not much reason to invest in a more expensive triply (stainless steel + aluminum) nonstick skillet.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 10:11 am
I have the set with the stainless steel lids for pesach. The pots are excellent. I wouldn't be so bothered by the glass lids if price is an issue. $49 is a fabulous price.

If you're mainly buying it for the frying pans I think it's cheaper to just buy a set of 2 frying pans. I like the T-fal company. Walmart usually has a 2pc for around $25 or less.

The ones from the farberware set perform well. But the first time I washed it, the shiny exterior became completely dull. I don't care, since the inside works perfectly but it's good to know. Obviously it's not made the same as the rest of the pots because I wash them all the same and it hasn't happened to the regular pots.
Bottom line, they cook really well and if you need more pots anyway it's a great deal.

Maryann

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 10:14 am
Thx everyone, I still can't seem to figure out if the target and Amazon pots are the same, I think I'll order both and return what is no good... I really appreciate all ur help!

asmileaday

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 10:20 am
Maryann wrote:
Thx everyone, I still can't seem to figure out if the target and Amazon pots are the same, I think I'll order both and return what is no good... I really appreciate all ur help!

They look exactly the same to me. I'd order the target one.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 12:04 pm
I am done with Farberware. They are no longer 18/10 stainless steel, but of all my Farberware pots, 18/10 and otherwise, not a single pot is complete. They are either missing handles, lid knobs, or both. I contacted Farberware and they told me that all their products have a lifetime warranty, and I can either ship them back (pricey) or submit pictures on their website, but their site is not mobile friendly, and as I only have a mobile device, I never went through the bother of going elsewhere to submit the photos. The 18/10 pots definitely wash better and nicer than the others although the pots themselves are decent if you don't mind the broken handles and knobs. Personally, one of my favorite pots is the Cuisinart high impact bonded saucepan I purchased several years ago at Closeout Connections at a great price. I find it very comparable to my expensive All Clad pots! If Closeout Connections would bring them in again, I think I would grab some more. However, about a year ago, I purchased a small Cuisinart pot on Amazon and apparently they changed the quality too (like Farberware). The pot discolors easily, although I doubt it affects the usage of the pot and it's probably still great! Burn food once and your pot will never look the same again. Just read the reviews on Amazon and you'll see what I mean. But everything is one piece- nothing to break off like Farberware!
I hear Belgique (sold exclusively by Macy's) is supposed to be good. I just ordered a 3 quart pot on Friday which was (possibly still is!) On sale, for only $4.99 after a rebate. I guess I will try it out and test it for myself! And Macy's is having an election day sale running from 11/1-11/8, and they have several pot sets on sale, including Cuisinart, Calphalon, and including an 11 piece Belgique pot set for $149.99-15% off with Macy's card and $10 Macy's Money for every $50 spent.

Ok, I don't know why I'm going on and on about other brands when you obviously want the Farberware, but I thought I'd share other options. Am I really the only one who is no longer happy with Farberware??

Maryann

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 12:10 pm
Very interesting thanks Amelia bediali I really appreciate,
So is anyone else there also unhappy with farberware?? What is the best pots??

yidisheh mama

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 1:16 pm
macys has a sale thats ending today. you might want to check out what they have in pots. http://www1.macys.com/shop/kit.....=7552

Gneshe

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 1:28 pm
I recently returned several pots with loose handles. It cost me about $10 to ship, and a few weeks later a received brand new pots! I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains