Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Farberware stainless steel pots
Previous  1  2

funmother

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 1:44 pm
Very unhappy with Farberware. They don't clean well. I have cheaper pots that when I clean them they look shiny and new, these have black dots on the bottom that never come off. I can't explain it but it's not dirt.
The bottom of the frying pans are impossible to clean without scratching the shiny color off. I hoped I just had a bad experience with it but I think they aren't made good anymore if I had to start over I would try cuisinart.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 3:34 pm
Gneshe wrote:
I recently returned several pots with loose handles. It cost me about $10 to ship, and a few weeks later a received brand new pots! I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

$10 total? Maybe I'll do that then.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 3:47 pm
yidisheh mama wrote:
macys has a sale thats ending today. you might want to check out what they have in pots. http://www1.macys.com/shop/kit.....=7552

Do you know if any promo codes work on the Belgique cookware sets? Tried several but they didn't work.

Another mom

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 4:09 pm
I think they clean pretty well, at least on the inside! had no idea about the return policy- sounds great

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 4:11 pm
Gneshe wrote:
I recently returned several pots with loose handles. It cost me about $10 to ship, and a few weeks later a received brand new pots! I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for sharing! That's a nice policy! Tupperware does the same. My little one once cracked my sister's Tupperware and I offered to replace it. My sister told me their policy is that it wasn't supposed to crack and I could call them for an exchange. So I called and I paid to ship the items back and they sent a replacement (it was a little different since the style and color had changed since she originally bought hers.)
I'll let my friend know as she has a number of pots with missing handles and screws and has not been able to find proper replacement pieces.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 5:10 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Thanks for sharing! That's a nice policy! Tupperware does the same. My little one once cracked my sister's Tupperware and I offered to replace it. My sister told me their policy is that it wasn't supposed to crack and I could call them for an exchange. So I called and I paid to ship the items back and they sent a replacement (it was a little different since the style and color had changed since she originally bought hers.)
I'll let my friend know as she has a number of pots with missing handles and screws and has not been able to find proper replacement pieces.

Like I posted above, according to Farberware customer service, you don't even need to send them back if you can fill out their online form and post pics of the problems. For me, however, it's too complicated to bother with, but maybe your friend would prefer to do that.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 5:21 pm
I have some 30 year old Farberware pots that have failed parts -- one the handle broke off of the lid and on the other the pot's handle won't stay screwed on. I'm going to check out the website and send them pictures. Of course they are the 2 pots I use the most.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 5:27 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Like I posted above, according to Farberware customer service, you don't even need to send them back if you can fill out their online form and post pics of the problems. For me, however, it's too complicated to bother with, but maybe your friend would prefer to do that.

Thanks Amelia Bedelia!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 5:27 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
I have some 30 year old Farberware pots that have failed parts -- one the handle broke off of the lid and on the other the pot's handle won't stay screwed on. I'm going to check out the website and send them pictures. Of course they are the 2 pots I use the most.

Some people say the older pots are better quality so maybe you can send them pics of the problem and they won't need you to send back the actual pots.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 5:28 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Some people say the older pots are better quality so maybe you can send them pics of the problem and they won't need you to send back the actual pots.

Yes, that is my plan. The ones I have that need replacement are definitely the better quality ones. I bought another set around 15 years ago and it is not at all the same quality.

yidisheh mama

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 11:08 pm
OOTBubby wrote:

I have 3 yr old pots with that problem!

mommy43

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 10:38 am
I can't figure out how to copy and paste the link but the pots you were looking at I think are 48.70$ now

Maryann

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 4:26 pm
Thanks so so so much mommy43!

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 4:31 pm
Ladies, don't get your hopes on on the warranty replacements. I submitted my claim with photos and just received this response by email: "We have very carefully inspected the product photos you provided. We regret we will be unable to fulfill your request for warranty replacement because your kitchen product was not sold with a warranty." The items in question are probably 25-30 years.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains