Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Is a trundle bed worth it for steady use?
1  2  Next

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 10:39 am
We need more beds for growing kids in the house. Right now our space is limited so getting beds here and there is not an option. We need the idea of beds and underbeds. We want one for a toddler and for bigger child but want to use them as they grow older. We plan on moving to bigger house so don't want to get bunk beds. Also we want them to be nice as furniture pieces and not the metal framed beds and underbeds. Should we get a trundle bed? Is it comfortable for every night sleep? Do they hold up for every night sleep ? Or the metal highriser type frame beds. Or a regular bed with a metal framed underbed. Also we want to order them online. Where were you successful in furniture online? Any advice?
Anonymous because I was discussing this with some people in person.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 10:58 am
Bunk beds are amazing. We bought a bunk that can be broken apart into two beds, each one complete with headboard and footboard. Looks great as two separate beds or as bunkbed. It's also amazing to have more floor space in a small room.
Trundles are very useful too, and I'd put one under a bunk bed for when friends visit and such.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 11:03 am
ra_mom wrote:
Bunk beds are amazing. We bought a bunk that can be broken apart into two beds, each one complete with headboard and footboard. Looks great as two separate beds or as bunkbed. It's also amazing to have more floor space in a small room.

We don't want bunk beds for more reasons like safety and the effect it has on the look of the room

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 11:11 am
amother wrote:
We don't want bunk beds for more reasons like safety and lathe effect it has on the look of the room

I googled lathe affect Im with stupid Crying

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 11:15 am
I have the metal high-riser set in one room and a wooden trundle bed under a toddler crib in another room. The metal bed is more comfortable, no question about it, but it might be due to the thicker mattress.

My parents custom-built a triple trundle for us when we were kids. It was quite comfortable.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 11:16 am
amother wrote:
I googled lathe affect Im with stupid Crying

Sorry for the typo error. I corrected it.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 11:38 am
We bought a bunk bed with a trundle underneath for our girls bedroom. I like the trundle because it's close to the ground so no fall risk with a young child. I never put kids on the top bunk of a bunkbed until they were older. We're not always so good about pushing the trundle back in the morning but when we do it has a nice, neat effect.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 11:39 am
amother wrote:
I have the metal high-riser set in one room and a wooden trundle bed under a toddler crib in another room. The metal bed is more comfortable, no question about it, but it might be due to the thicker mattress.

My parents custom-built a triple trundle for us when we were kids. It was quite comfortable.

Is that a toddler size trundle bed under a crib?

Iymnok

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 11:49 am
Get the Israeli bunk bed with two pull outs. Push them in in the morning for a beat look. Since there are four beds, the top can be saved for when your oldest is big enough.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 11:53 am
ra_mom wrote:
Is that a toddler size trundle bed under a crib?

Yes. I got it from a local baby furniture store. the price is less than a toddler bed.

mommy24

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 11:55 am
We have all 3 types. We have a bunk bed that can be taken apart with a trundle underneath. We have used this daily for the last 12 years. The bunk bed and trundle are still in perfect condition. And it's very easy to put back underneath the bunk bed, but we pretty much keep it out. I don't remember the brand,I can check, but 12 years ago it cost us $1200, so it was quite expensive. But it was really worth it. And we have moved twice with these beds. In a different kids room I have a bed with a trundle underneath. This one has been used for about 7 years on a daily basis. We didn't spend as much on this bed an it's not in the best condition, but we can definitely get a few more years of use out of it. We also have a high riser, that at one point was being used daily but lately it's only used once every few months. After 7.5 years the high riser is still in perfect condition. But is annoying in my opinion to put back underneath the other bed, so we just kept it out all the time for the year or so it was used nightly.
Over the years, I have found myself sleeping with one kid or another in the trundle beds and both were really comfortable, we bought better matresses too. I have never really slept in the High risers, but everyone says they are comfortable.
As to where to buy, I bought them from a store in Brooklyn. This way delivery and set up were included.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 12:13 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry for the typo error. I corrected it.

OMG! Supposed to be a joke! My emojis got typoed too!
Oops

MrsEsther

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 12:14 pm
[img]C:\fakepath\Screenshot_2016-09-22-22-39-42.png[/img]

I ordered this online at walmart.com and I am very happy
use it on a daily basis For one month and its
Excellent

amother
Red

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 1:52 pm
Where can one get these triple trundle beds in the US? I feel like US furniture stores barely have twin size kids options (just full), let alone twin trundle.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 2:04 pm
amother wrote:
Yes. I got it from a local baby furniture store. the price is less than a toddler bed.

Cool, can you tell me where? My friend was looking for something like that.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 10:28 pm
MrsEsther wrote:
[img]C:\fakepath\Screenshot_2016-09-22-22-39-42.png[/img]

I ordered this online at walmart.com and I am very happy
use it on a daily basis For one month and its
Excellent

The link didn't copy. Another reason I dislike the idea of a bunk bed is because of my active toddler that can reach up in a second. So is a trundle bed comfortable? Did anyone ever purchase beds online and had success?

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 10:33 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Cool, can you tell me where? My friend was looking for something like that.

Hatzlacha Baby Furniture in Williamsburg, on Broadway.

talkaholic

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 11:04 pm
my toddler has rental sleeping on a trundle for close a year. we're very happy with it.

MrsEsther

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 2:49 am
amother wrote:
The link didn't copy. Another reason I dislike the idea of a bunk bed is because of my active toddler that can reach up in a second. So is a trundle bed comfortable? Did anyone ever purchase beds online and had success?

http://I.imgur.com/COTA7Nf.png

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 11:59 pm
amother wrote:
We bought a bunk bed with a trundle underneath for our girls bedroom. I like the trundle because it's close to the ground so no fall risk with a young child. I never put kids on the top bunk of a bunkbed until they were older. We're not always so good about pushing the trundle back in the morning but when we do it has a nice, neat effect.

Dodger blue, which one did you get?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics