Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Is a trundle bed worth it for steady use?
Previous  1  2

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Aug 18 2017, 12:08 am
Boro park furniture stores or picalino in lkwd have beautiful options. I called I forgot which. Described what I wanted they told me what to look at online. I chose what I liked they processed over the phone and delivered and set up. I also wanted a nicer pullout-paid couple hundred extra to get the wood plate-looks really classy. I hav my 10 yr old son on it with a normal mattress he's old enough to close every morning. Thrilled w it. Paid a bit but wanted good quality as its a wear and tear item...

seeker

Post Fri, Aug 18 2017, 1:30 am
I am also looking for a trundle bed for everyday use (not ready for a bunk bed.) The space is small so a priority for me is being able to push it in and out easily every day. I'd love for the kids to be able to at least push it in themselves. My other priority is budget.

Can the person who posted the picture from WalMart please give a review about the quality and the ease of pulling out/pushing in?

seeker

Post Fri, Aug 18 2017, 1:42 am
Wow, hold everything, Ikea definitely didn't use to have this and I am totally going to pay them a visit to see how it feels and works! It looks like just what I'm looking for but Ikea quality varies... and it does say the bottom mattress needs to be max 4" high, I'm sure they sell it but that sounds a little thin. Kids may or may not care. I have one full size twin mattress to transfer from the old bed I'm getting rid of but don't know if the kids will put up with having 2 different types of mattresses between them!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/cata.....9450/

L K

Post Sun, Aug 20 2017, 12:23 am
seeker wrote:
Wow, hold everything, Ikea definitely didn't use to have this and I am totally going to pay them a visit to see how it feels and works! It looks like just what I'm looking for but Ikea quality varies... and it does say the bottom mattress needs to be max 4" high, I'm sure they sell it but that sounds a little thin. Kids may or may not care. I have one full size twin mattress to transfer from the old bed I'm getting rid of but don't know if the kids will put up with having 2 different types of mattresses between them!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/cata.....9450/

Wow, Seeker, how did out even find it? I was looking through IKEA beds like within past hour and didn't see it! It's such a great option. Now I just wish they made it in a wood color option.

seeker

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 6:09 pm
No idea what made me check Ikea again! It's a new product release.

Anyway, does anyone know what an average/good price would be for a bed+ trundle+ mattresses at one of the big Brooklyn furniture stores? Trying to compare properly, the Ikea one looks like a good price but once you factor in delivery and mattresses it may (or may not) be worth just getting the better quality ones.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 7:45 pm
seeker wrote:
No idea what made me check Ikea again! It's a new product release.

Anyway, does anyone know what an average/good price would be for a bed+ trundle+ mattresses at one of the big Brooklyn furniture stores? Trying to compare properly, the Ikea one looks like a good price but once you factor in delivery and mattresses it may (or may not) be worth just getting the better quality ones.

I believe you can get a hi riser with an under bed that pulls up to equal height of the over bed for approximately 450 at hatzlacha including mattresses and delivery. I haven't checked updated prices.

seeker

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 8:51 pm
Hmm. Would a trundle be more or less than a hi riser? I don't want a hi riser because I suspect it's heavier and I'll be needing the kids to pull it out and in daily.

seeker

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 9:57 pm
For comparison sake, I priced the Ikea bed at $416 thus:

$228 for the bed+trundle
$99 for delivery to my area (that's if I go to the store to pick it out and pay myself. I can pay about $100 more to order it online and have it ALL done for me but I could use a personal trip to Ikea anyway. I just don't think I could handle shlepping home a bed, and I'd probably need to rent or borrow a van for it anyway...not worth it)
$89 for the mattress that is under 4" as required for the under bed
$0 for the top mattress because I have one from a bed I'm getting rid of
$0 for assembly because Ikea don't scare me Cool
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics