Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Broken washer, what now? Advice please...

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 10:33 pm
Hi there,
I am so stressed out about this! I have mounds of laundry (still havent finished all my loads from Succot, and I had guests for Shabbat so I have tons of bedding to wash too....)
My washer is not spinning at all.
Does anyone have any experience with this?

I am scared that if I call out an appliance repair guy, then he will just tell me it cant be fixed and charge me for the call out. I hate wasting money.
My washer is about 8 years old. Does anyone have any idea how long they are expected to last , with heavy usage for a large family?

So what do you recommend ladies? Anyone have any tips? Should I just call a repair guy? Or is it possible it cant be fixed?
TIA

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 10:38 pm
No idea but personally I would go now to the closest laundromat and wash all the laundry at once. (Dry at home if dryer works) then deal ewith it tomorrow.

naomi1

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 11:32 pm
Is it a front loader machine? I have had problems with the spin cycle because I used too much detergent, and suds were stuck in the drain. If that's the case, try running it on the hottest cycle without anything in it and no detergent added.

Maybe My Family

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 11:45 pm
My front loader washer lasted 8 years .... The bearings holding the tub were gone and that's not repairable ..... Can you spin the tub freely with your hands ? If not then it's probably time for a new machine ....

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 12:15 am
I have a friend who is a repairperson for a local appliance store. He's certified on Maytag and about a dozen other brand washers. He always recommends that people buy analog drum washers since they wear better and can be repaired less expensively than front loaders.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics