Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
I don't know what to do!

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 12:42 am
My baby only falls asleep and stays asleep if his blanket is over his face! I try to take it away from him once he falls asleep and he always wakes up a short while later screaming! The minute I give it back to him he gets quite and falls back asleep!

I am really scared to let him sleep like this because of the dangers of SIDs.

Anyone have any suggestions?

cinnabuns

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 12:58 am
From 10 days old my baby did the same, I only relaxed when I gave her a thin blanket and saw her move the blanket away from her face on her own.
Is the blanket a thick one?
Is there a light in the room he's trying to block out? Noise?

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 1:22 am
He doesn't move he blanket away from his face. Somehow he could move It on but not off, I have seen him struggling to take it off sometimes.

I gave him a diaper now because I figured it is safer, but I still feel very uneasy about it.

LittleDucky

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 1:34 am
amother wrote:
He doesn't move he blanket away from his face. Somehow he could move It on but not off, I have seen him struggling to take it off sometimes.

I gave him a diaper now because I figured it is safer, but I still feel very uneasy about it.

How about you sleep with the sheet so they smell like you? It might be comforting...

I personally don't let anything in the crib until a year.

Ima2

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 3:36 am
how old is he? I agree with the mother who said to give him a very thin blanket like a burp cloth or something nearly see-through

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 6:54 am
Try a small knitted blanket - the knitted ones have actual holes, so that way she can always breathe through.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 11:58 am
Thanks for your replies. He is 5 months old.
I ordered him this from amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J.....anket

Do you think it's safe?

lfab

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 12:08 pm
One of my kids was/is exactly the same. At 2 she still wraps her face in her blanket to fall asleep. When she was little I would give her a knit blanket that had a very open weave. It was a fairly small blanket to begin with, and since there was a lot of "holes" in the knitting I wasn't as worried about her not being able to breath. Not sure where you would buy a blanket like this though, it was made for us by someone as a baby gift.

It looks something like this. http://www.craftelf.com/croche.....h.JPG

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 12:17 pm
lfab wrote:
One of my kids was/is exactly the same. At 2 she still wraps her face in her blanket to fall asleep. When she was little I would give her a knit blanket that had a very open weave. It was a fairly small blanket to begin with, and since there was a lot of "holes" in the knitting I wasn't as worried about her not being able to breath. Not sure where you would buy a blanket like this though, it was made for us by someone as a baby gift.

It looks something like this. http://www.craftelf.com/croche.....h.JPG

Thanks, I looked online for such a blanket but cant find it anywhere!
If anyone knows where I could buy it can you please post the link?

Miri7

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 12:20 pm
Try the Aden and anais blankets. They are Muslin- like cheesecloth. Much better than the one you posted from Amazon. You could even have one cut down into 4 smaller blankets - a tailor could easily see the edges to it doesn't unravel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics