Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Front Teeth

ShirleyTemple

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 6:28 pm
...it's crumbling. My 4 year old has basd teeth Sad and her two front teeth are deteriorating but the dentist said he won't treat it.

And now it seems like a piece of it fell off and I'm afraid of more pieces breaking off. Is there anything I can do? and ye, it's hurting her.

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 6:34 pm
You can brush her teeth twice daily, but it sounds like you may need another dentist who would be willing to do something to save the teeth.

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 9:42 pm
I think most dentists would extract the teeth if they're that bad and hurting the child. She's 4 so those front teeth will grow back within a couple of years. I've heard also that unhealthy baby teeth can cause the adult teeth to grow in unhealthy so if you get out the decaying teeth then maybe the new ones stand a better chance.

I know more than one kid who had that kind of situation, usually from going to sleep with milk bottles through toddlerhood, had the teeth removed, gaps in the mouth for a few years, and then their adult teeth have been fine ever since.

ShirleyTemple

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 9:51 pm
I would hate to have to have it extracted.

I'll try to get an appointment at the dentist tomorrow.

Does a pacifier do harm to teeth? Besides for a bad bite....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers