Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Sunday programs in Brooklyn

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 12:44 am
I am looking for a Sunday program in Brooklyn , preferably Flatbush, for my 8 year old.
I know of BYA, Chai Academy and It's Funtastic.
Can you please give me feedback about these and any other programs you know of?
Tia

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 1:22 am
Ive sent to all three!
Did chai academy, wanted it because it was talent based but I found my daugher learnt little and she found the large groups overwhelming. They also moved far out and I didnt want the commute.
Did bya after that, as thats where her friends were going. Repetitious and she got bored after the second week. Definately cheaper than the other two.
Did funtastic last year and my daughter couldnt be happier. Bh. They are not cheap but ive learnt that you get what you pay for. Its talent based so she learns skills, instead of killing a day. Small groups, well equipped, organised, etc. Shes enrolled for this year year again.
Btw I also did extensive researh about jccs program, as they are cheap and she has some friends going. They have approximately 300 girls enrolled, divided into three shifts of dance, gymnastics and swim. Having 100 girls in the pool at once, or doing gymnastics kinda freaked me out.
I guess you should see what kind of program works well for you and decide accordingly. My daughter is ten now.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 4:29 pm
Another vote for funtastic. Don't want to mention name, but had horror stories in the past in one place and my twins found another above mentioned program understimulating to say the least. I guess amother above is right, you do get what you pay for, as they are slightly more expensive.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 11:03 pm
Thanks for the information!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children