Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
CUBS EPIC VICTORY!!

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 1:04 am
Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray
And it's about time too!!

bigsis144

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 1:24 am
B"H the fireworks haven't woken up my kids!!!

My baseball-fan dad in Los Angeles utterly fargins the Cubs, I called him to kvell Smile
All my friends are posting pictures of their children who are still up in their pjs, with apologies to the teachers who will have to deal with them in the morning #notsorry

Warm fuzzy feelings all around

2016 continues to be a weird fever dream of a year....

grace413

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 6:06 am
I'm happy!!!

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 8:50 am
My husband and I were celebrating our Mikvah night last night here in Chicago.

Sparks were flying.

Then, all of the sudden, the REAL fireworks started!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mazel Tov Cubs!

What a game!

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 9:05 am
Mazel tov from a third-generation RedSox fan who was rooting for your team this Series!

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 9:32 am
The Cubs were the first team to win back to back World Series, in 1907 and 1908, and hadn't won since.

Last time the Cubs won the World Series, "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" was a new song. Teddy Roosevelt was president, and the upcoming presidential election was between William Howard Taft and William Jennings Bryan. Only eight percent of homes had a telephone; just 14 percent had a bathtub, and most women only washed their hair once a month. There were only 8,000 cars in the US, 144 miles of paved roads, and the maximum speed limit in most cities was just 10 mph. There was no commercial air traffic; teams traveled by bus, or train. And a large percentage of the players on both the Cubs and Indians would not have been allowed to play.

It was time.

Congratulations to the Cubs.

debsey

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 9:43 am
There was a curse placed on the Indians by a Rosh Yeshiva, I think, so that bochurim in Cleveland wouldn't be distracted by the World Series. The curse is that the Indians will never win the World Series, so don't bother watching, they're going to lose, even if they look like they are winning.

I'm not a sports fan, but when I heard who was playing the world series I did wonder if that story would play itself out......

sequoia

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 9:44 am
Pure happiness!

Cubbies❤️❤️❤️

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 9:48 am
debsey wrote:
There was a curse placed on the Indians by a Rosh Yeshiva, I think, so that bochurim in Cleveland wouldn't be distracted by the World Series. The curse is that the Indians will never win the World Series, so don't bother watching, they're going to lose, even if they look like they are winning.

I'm not a sports fan, but when I heard who was playing the world series I did wonder if that story would play itself out......

I think point of the rosh yeshivas curse didn't exactly work out this year. If he doesn't want the bochrim to be distracted, curse them to be a lousy last place team that nobody is interested in. They were one of the best and most exciting teams this year. They ended up in an extra inning world series game 7. I have a feeling more bochrim were watching then ever before.

debsey

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 10:16 am
amother wrote:
I think point of the rosh yeshivas curse didn't exactly work out this year. If he doesn't want the bochrim to be distracted, curse them to be a lousy last place team that nobody is interested in. They were one of the best and most exciting teams this year. They ended up in an extra inning world series game 7. I have a feeling more bochrim were watching then ever before.

I think the Rosh Yeshiva in question was Rav Gifter, so it's a bit of a moot point, given that he's not around anymore. The point was - don't bother watching, it will not end with a win.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics