Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Over 3.5 and not yet toilet trained

amother
Black

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 10:01 pm
My son is not interested in using the toilet/potty. He wants a diaper, it may relate to wanting to be taken care of. I am very nurturing over all bH. I've tried "everything", all kinds of incentives and he's shown he is very capable of it. (We've been at this for months). At some point he has to want it, and he doesnt. Anyone experienced something similar?

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 10:04 pm
I had it with one, turned out the child had been badly constipated (even though he was having regular bowel movements). Dr found that out during a well-check. Apparently, becaue of constipation the extra bowel matter would basically come out involuntarily, so the child was fine with diapers but not with potty/toilet.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 12:03 am
My son was toilet trained when he was almost 4. He just wasn't ready till then and I didn't push it. When he was ready it was a 1 day deal.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 6:28 am
Same as above. When he was ready, he was completely ready.

There's no need to stress out a little person. It will happen in its time.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 10:19 am
I feel pressure bec he's supposed to be trained for school. They're being very accomodating bH, for the time being. But should I be doing anything in particular now to ready him? It's hard not be anxious about it.

musicmom

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 12:59 pm
At this age it is not about the skill but about control. When you are ready (at least when child is four) have him/ her pick a date on the calendar that month and mark it as the day they will start peeing in the potty. A couple months later, do the same for poo. After that date, the child will clean up after him/herself and you will not bring spare clothes when you travel. It will happen! Children just don't feel like they get a lot of choices, and this is the area they realize that they are the only ones to choose in and that they have the control.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training