Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Orthodox paper prints a pic of Hillary Clinton
1  2  Next

yidisheh mama

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 9:17 am
http://jewishnews.timesofisrae.....nton/

It's not a clear picture of her face, but it's definitely her face on the cover. They found a way to print a picture of Hillary that will pass the approval of (most) people that don't want pictures of attractive women on the magazines that they bring into their home.

pause

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 9:24 am
As I said on the other thread: pathetic. Either stick to your guns and don't print pictures of women or stop this policy. If she becomes president, will they only be printing pictures in black and white and have her face blurred out? What's the plan going further?

I personally don't believe in this stupidity of no-women pics. But I do admire the publications that will continue holding on to their principles despite changes in current events. A policy is a policy and presidential elections shouldn't be the catalyst for changing a policy which is based on Torah values.

smile12345

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 9:28 am
I actually thought it was quite clever. I wouldn't take this as a precedent that they will print other pictures (if you can even call it that), it was just a good way to depict the week coming up to elections.

There is an internet filter that does exactly the same thing - colors all skin color purple so that men won't end up viewing bad pictures.

Last edited by smile12345 on Fri, Nov 04 2016, 10:01 am; edited 2 times in total

cnc

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 9:32 am
pause wrote:
As I said on the other thread: pathetic. Either stick to your guns and don't print pictures of women or stop this policy. If she becomes president, will they only be printing pictures in black and white and have her face blurred out? What's the plan going further?

I personally don't believe in this stupidity of no-women pics. But I do admire the publications that will continue holding on to their principles despite changes in current events. A policy is a policy and presidential elections shouldn't be the catalyst for changing a policy which is based on Torah values.

I was also disappointed when I saw this after reading a comment on the other thread that Mishpacha says they will not change their policy even if a woman president is elected.

I have no problem with her picture being published but I'm disappointed that they didn't stick to their principles...

ectomorph

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 9:56 am
It bothers me tremendously.

watergirl

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 10:05 am
ectomorph wrote:
It bothers me tremendously.

What part of it bothers you?

iluvy

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 10:11 am
You admire when people/institutions stick to principles that hurt and degrade other people?

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 11:00 am
Do people really think that policies never change over time? The whole policy of not printing pictures of women is a relatively new one AIUI.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 11:23 am
She's old and ugly. What's the big deal to print her face? It's not like men don't see (pretty) women in the street. Someone help me understand.

Zehava

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 11:54 am
Well der yid won't even write her first name. They call her either clinton or frau clinton.

trixx

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 12:01 pm
yidisheh mama wrote:
http://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/orthodox-paper-prints-picture-of-hillary-clinton/

It's not a clear picture of her face, but it's definitely her face on the cover. They found a way to print a picture of Hillary that will pass the approval of (most) people that don't want pictures of attractive women on the magazines that they bring into their home.

Attractive is one adjective I would not describe Hillary with.

agreer

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 12:40 pm
trixx wrote:

I would...and I don't even like her!

The professional headshots of her make her look great!

cnc

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 1:11 pm
trixx wrote:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

yenta2

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 1:36 pm
It's interesting that the mishpacha did it but the Ami didnt, the Ami is suppose to be more open minded

fs

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 2:50 pm
yenta2 wrote:
It's interesting that the mishpacha did it but the Ami didnt, the Ami is suppose to be more open minded

Ami is more sensational! How is that openminded?
P.s. I know it's off topic here, but I just couldn't let that one go.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 5:49 pm
I'm ready to convert to any religion that won't show Trump's face.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 6:12 pm
It's just a profile, not the first time Mishpacha printed a profile of a women.
But it does make more sense for Ami.

polka dots

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 6:32 pm
SuperWify wrote:
She's old and ugly. What's the big deal to print her face? It's not like men don't see (pretty) women in the street. Someone help me understand.

So their policy should be to have pictured screened by committee and if the woman is pretty, it won't be published and if she ugly it will. They made their policy for a reason and they should stick to it

Clarissa

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 6:35 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Are you volunteering to be the arbiter of which women are pretty enough to be banned or old and ugly enough to be seen? And "old and ugly"? What a classy, mature thing to say.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 6:40 pm
SuperWify wrote:

I'm not getting involved in the argument of whether or not to print women's pictures, but this comment is rude and insensitive. When you are 70, do you want people to view you as old and ugly?
I think for her age, she looks just fine. Maybe she's not Helen mirren (I think that woman is gorgeous and a class act), but she's definitely put together and attractive.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics