Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What made you move to Israel?

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 10:28 am
I'm just curious to hear why people decided to move to Israel & do you feel like you made the right choice. I haven't made an aliyah yet, but it's something I hope will happen in the near future. I'd say the biggest reason why I want to move is because I want to raise my kids in a jewish state and be next to my family and the other smaller reason is also to "escape" the high yeshiva tuitions.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 10:33 am
We moved to be part of the miracle of the rebirth of the Jewish nation on the land that Hashem promised us. We have the privilege to be a part of the process that Jews have been davening to merit for the last two thousand years.

All the rest is commentary.

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 12:48 pm
Because the last thing my great-grandfather said to his daughter (my grandmother) as they were brought to Auschwitz was "Whoever survives this should go to Israel"

Because when you think about the immense hardships Jewish people have gone through for 2000 years to live here and maintain a Jewish presence in our Land, and the most amazing miracle in our entire Jewish history of 1948, how could you not live here?

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 1:06 pm
Because I love it here, and the minute I stepped into Ben Gurion airport the first time I came to Israel, I felt I had arrived home to the home I'd always dreamed about. I felt like I belonged, and a foundational peace and deep contentment. I feel alive here, in a way I don't feel anywhere else. Even when I moved back to America for a while, I always anticipated the day I would come back home, and thank G-d that day came.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 2:11 pm
All the above, and more.

The schools, the weather, the people, the land, the sky, the sea, the stone on the buildings. Everything is holy, even the dust that I track in on my shoes!

If I had all the money in the world, and could live safely and in freedom anywhere I chose, I still wouldn't live anywhere else. This is my home, my heart, and my soul.

Besides, where else can you get a bracha from a taxi driver, or share a dvar torah at at a bus stop? Where else can you find a produce seller who is making a party about the first fruits of the season, complete with singing and dancing in the middle of the store?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 2:31 pm
My family was always wanting to make aliyah. I grew up in a household where aliyah was always talked about. For many reasons we couldnt (we almost did when I finished elementary school but it didnt work. Then I went to sem in Israel, a very tzioni one, and when I went back to america to start uni, I actually cried. And while doing my 4 years of university, I realized that I didnt want to start a family anywhere else other than Israel.
Its been almost 14 years since I made aliyah, and I believe it was the best decision of my life. And BH since then, most of my immediate family has also made aliyah which is so wonderful.

fs

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 3:39 pm
Because this is the land where Hashem wants us to live!

ProudMommie

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 4:40 pm
I love reading the replies on this thread and second all the reasons everyone gave. I love our beautiful land and I still cry sometimes when we travel and see how kind Hshem was in giving it to us. Nevertheless, it is not simple to live here. Why? The reason is that every close relationship has its challenges and pain, even when there is love and commitment. In Israel everything hurts more because we are at home with my brothers and sisters and sometimes they upset me and things like that... But ... I would not want to be anywhere else.

Only in Israel can a Jew really feel close to Hshem in a real tangible way and .. then be able to grow in his/her avodas Hshem -- this is the only place where a person with a Jewish neshama can feel more at ease... I say more at ease because there is galus in Israel too obviously and until Mashiach comes we can't be totally at ease...

I also think that everyone here is doing important work that Hshem wants us to do and that has to happen here in E'Y -- we need to work on ourselves and to prepare for Moshiach's imminent coming bezras Hshem. I honestly don't think that for most people it is easy to live in chutz l'aretz without drowning in narishkeit and g-ishkeit and to be spiritual which is the goal. That is not to say that everyone who lives here is spiritual and not focused on materialistic goals... etc. etc... but at least there is much greater clarity here and a person can get in tune to the truth much much easier than in chutz

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 1:42 pm
Listen, all your reasons are beautiful and I appreciate all the loving responses but as a kid I remember learning a song:

Hashem is here
Hashem is there
Hashem is truly everywhere.

Even though I do not live in Israel I feel spiritually connected- it takes work to stay connected and effort but I work hard at maintaining a connection.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions