Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Clingy 8yo

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 8:45 pm
8yo DD is very touchy-feely with me, always trying to hold my hand, sit in my lap, get hugs and lean on me. She is a great kid and I give her lots of love and attention, but I am getting annoyed by all of the touching because I'm not like that. Mostly I just kind of tolerate it but sometimes I ask her to get off my lap because she's a big girl and it kind of hurts my legs. What can I do? I don't want to hurt her feelings but this clinginess is driving me crazy. She's been like this for about 2 years.

P.s. Don't tell me to "enjoy it while I can" because although I like to snuggle with her at times, it's too much for me a lot of the time and I DON'T enjoy it.

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 8:51 pm
My 7 year old is also like that. I try to set aside private time with her, which helps. And I do cuddle with her. But when it's too much, I say it straight out. "Right now, I need my space."

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 1:50 pm
Could be a sensory issue - have you conisdered having her evaluated for one? A little OT for a sensory issue goes a long way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics