Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Take on plane vs take in lift
Previous  1  2

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 2:12 pm
And sterling silver is very malleable, that means it gets dented and bends slightly when it is bumped or knocked- then it looks slightly off kilter on your table. BUY LOTS OF BUBBLEWRAP for fragile silver items and use as much as you can to keep it well protected.

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 2:13 pm
And sterling silver is very malleable, that means it gets dented and bends slightly when it is bumped or knocked- then it looks slightly off kilter on your table. BUY LOTS OF BUBBLEWRAP for fragile silver items and use as much as you can to keep it well protected.

m in Israel

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 6:20 am
ValleyMom wrote:
Listen, within the first 24 hours I would head to IKEA and pick up 1 bath sheet per family member and 1 face towel per family member as well as sheets, linens, comforters and PILLOWS. You can also head to kitchen and storage to supplement with whatever you may need like 2 big glass bowls for salad or a wok...

This is really not a simple proposition. There are only a few Ikea's in the country -- in Netanya, Rishon L'Tzion, and Kiryat Ata. It is highly unlikely that OP will have a car set up within the first 24 hours, and unless she will be near one of those locations, shlepping across the country with sheets, linens, comforters and pillows via public transportation is NOT what you want to be doing while still jet lagged and overwhelmed. And if you hire a car service or the like, it can be extremely expensive. I strongly suggest OP to try to network in advance with people in the area where her temporary rental is to see if she can find a gemach for these items, or even neighbors who can lend them out until her lift comes. The less you have to do those first few crazy days, the better.

If you are planning on bringing your leichter/silver in a box with you anyway, then maybe put some towels and linen in the same box -- it will serve as cushioning and you'll have them available when you come.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 6:52 am
Op, where are you moving? Some yishuvim have a welcoming committee or even a town employee to look after new olim. These people can coordinate things for you. Some places have gemachim that lend out supplies that olim need until the lift arrives.

jkw

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 6:57 am
Moving to Jerusalem.
Actually, I was wondering...is there a yahoo group for Rehavia/Shaarei Chessed?Or Nshei? Really need to meet other ladies in order to feel comfortable.

I do go to the Yeshurun shul shiurim on Mondays when I am there
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions