Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Costco
1  2  Next

Eemaof3

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 9:33 pm
Going to be in Monsey later this month and want to get sliced kosher cheese. Someone told me to try Costco. Do they generally have that? What else can I get for a simcha there because I am self-catering and want to keep priced down. Do they have baked goods?

trixx

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 9:53 pm
not sure about Monsey location specifically but in general they carry Natural & Kosher sliced cheese tray, shredded mozzarella and shredded pizza mix cheese. depending on what you're serving you can also check out their dips - hummus, guacamole - lox trays, white fish dip, and ofc the produce section. snacks like nuts, different kinds of chips. baked goods not pas/cholov yisroel (in Brooklyn at least)... unless there's something I'm just not thinking of

Eemaof3

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 10:13 pm
Thanks Trixx. Sounds hopeful. If anyone knows about Monsey, please reply.

Optione

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 10:13 pm
Kirkland Alaskin Salmon- it's frozen but tastes fresh. They are individually packaged.

esuss

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 10:19 pm
I live in Monsey and frequent the local Costco. All the items listed By trixx they carry here as well as additional items. They also have ungers gefilte fish rolls and Chiluba Yisroel frozen pizza and pizza bagels in the freezer.

Rutabaga

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 10:22 pm
If you're asking what Costco carries then I presume you are not a member. Keep in mind that you will either have to go with a member or pay for a membership which might make the possible savings not worth your while.

Tiredmom7

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 10:25 pm
The Kirkland Costco brand frozen Tilapia used to have an o-u it no longer does

shoshana2

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 10:29 pm
They also carry Empire chicken

Eemaof3

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 12:25 am
Thanks ladies! Now I am really hopeful. I'm willing to get a membership because I see myself returning and my kids love the kirkland canned tuna (which my parents shlep to us when they visit). I went to Monsey before Pesach so I expect to in the future too.

esuss

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 7:49 am
How about going as guest customer if you will only use it couple times? Membership could be expensive. Is there a Costco near your house?

Eemaof3

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 8:58 am
No Costco here yet but there is talk of it. Great idea about guest pass.

trixx

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 10:24 am
Optione wrote:
Kirkland Alaskin Salmon- it's frozen but tastes fresh. They are individually packaged.

Hechsher recently taken off this
I believe sockeye salmon still has one but that is seasonal

cbg

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 10:28 am
Don't know if this actually works, since I have a card and never tried it.
A friend of the family says that if a member buys you a Costco gift card, then you can use it without being a member.

Where I live the salmon and tilapia still have Hashgacha, I last bought before RH, though.

I also like to buy the Kirkland almond milk, cleaning supplies, foil, baggies, and other paper goods.

tiredmommy

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 10:35 am
I just bought the Alaska salmon with ou on the package. For a short while the package did not have the ou but I called the orthodox union and they said it was a printing error and I could still buy it. It was always under the hechser and there was never a problem, just when they printed the new bags the symbol got left off in error. It's now back on.

trixx

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 12:03 pm
tiredmommy wrote:
I just bought the Alaska salmon with ou on the package. For a short while the package did not have the ou but I called the orthodox union and they said it was a printing error and I could still buy it. It was always under the hechser and there was never a problem, just when they printed the new bags the symbol got left off in error. It's now back on.

interesting will look back into it, thanks

oh yeah OP - paper goods. depending on level of simcha either the disposable ones that look like china, or pretty patterned paper ones. clear cutlery, cups.

sternos and gel if you need the quantity.

mirror

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 12:42 pm
Eemaof3, that's amazing! Please update us with your ideas to educate us all.

cbg wrote:
Don't know if this actually works, since I have a card and never tried it.
A friend of the family says that if a member buys you a Costco gift card, then you can use it without being a member.

I have bought quite a number of gift cards for friends of mine in the past right before Pesach. I always buy a minimum $10 gift card. Then my friends pay me back and go to Costco and spend unlimited money from their own debit card using the $10 gift card.

According to Costco policy, this $10 gift card is only for food items and not for the big ticket items. My friends say they have been able to buy everything in their cart.

By the way, you don't need to go to customer service to buy the gift cards. I buy the gift cards at the regular checkout counter on my way out.

Last edited by mirror on Sun, Nov 06 2016, 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

thanks

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 12:51 pm
Meal mart deli, cole slaw, cucumber salad, pickles, salsa (can be served as a dip).

There is also kosher meat. Not sure if that helps you for your simcha.

Frozen meal mart stuffed cabbage was on sale.

Frozen brisket - I reheat it with my own sauce and it tastes great.

Eemaof3

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 1:46 pm
You ladies are awesome! Thanks for all of the info! Going to be milchig but paper goods are certainly in need and probably dips. Beginning to really freak out about making this all by myself (along with amazing friends and children) but somehow it will all come together. I'll just sleep next month.

Lita

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 2:13 pm
If your not makpid on cholov yisroel, they have a whole selection of cakes, croissants, and cookies with an ou D.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 2:44 pm
esuss wrote:
How about going as guest customer if you will only use it couple times? Membership could be expensive. Is there a Costco near your house?

What is a guest pass? Going along with someone who is a member?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals