Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Gifts I don't my you to buy for my kids
Previous  1  2

aquad

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 10:03 am
Volunteer wrote:
Toys that light up, play annoying music, etc. The kid just sits there and presses a button to watch the toy play, rather than playing with the toy and using his imagination.

Yes!!! I hate glorified buttons. Both sets of grandparents know that they can give whatever toys they want to my kids, but I decide if the batteries stay in the toys.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 10:21 am
sequoia wrote:
If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum.
Chinese proverb

Never buy my kid drums unless you're done having kids, and your youngest is past, say, bar mitzvah. I have a long memory.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 10:38 am
Why all the hate with drums? My husband is a professional drummer. It can make good money. My kids are born to be musicians. #pleasedearlordletitbesomethingotherthandrums

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 10:53 am
I know someone that gave his nephew baby chicks. They grew into big chickens and the parents went crazy trying to figure out what to do with it.

sky

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 12:35 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
How often does it spill?

I love lots of perler beads. I give it to my girls in smaller bowls. It keeps them entertained for a long time.

We were just gifted a used set of drums. I think it such a great outlet. Its in the basement and no one knows how to play but it helps burn off steam and energy. My neighbors can hear n the house - and we are not connected (its also their kids playing). But I think if it is during normal hours of the day its not a problem.

cnc

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 1:11 pm
We used to have an attached neighbor that played the drums. Our entire house used to shake.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 3:58 pm
I'm not above telling a person I can't accept, or taking it from the kid/making disappear/exchanging. Especially if obviously against Jewish values or impractical.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 4:15 pm
aleph wrote:
Orbees

This deserves a thread of it's own. Worst kid-collection items ever invented. silly bandz was a relief after that....

BayMom

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 5:37 pm
mompower wrote:
...Or maybe be grateful that people are thinking of your kids and buying them gifts:)
And then dump them as soon as they're forgotten about, which is usually pretty soon. LOL
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics