Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Donald Trump has won the 2016 election
Previous  1  2  3

youngishbear

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 5:04 pm
gold21 wrote:
Sigh.
I wish you would try to understand what brought people to vote for Trump instead of brushing it off.

This isn't about your candidate winning or losing. People genuinely are hurting and are turning to Trump and his unique approach to politics for relief and help.

I am trying. I have been trying all day. I get the anger and desperation, the need to send a message to the establishment. I hear that loud and clear.

I may have a limited intellect, but I just don't get the sum total. I am stuck on the fact that he is not a stable human being worthy of a country's respect, nor its leadership.

I just needed my faith in humanity restored. And it has been.

gold21

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 5:18 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I am trying. I have been trying all day. I get the anger and desperation, the need to send a message to the establishment. I hear that loud and clear.

I may have a limited intellect, but I just don't get the sum total. I am stuck on the fact that he is not a stable human being worthy of a country's respect, nor its leadership.

I just needed my faith in humanity restored. And it has been.

I understand.

I only hope that our vote pays off, that he brings those changes we are counting on.

Make America Great Again. Here's hoping...

shoshanim999

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 5:39 pm
Maya wrote:
Seriously, can there be a more idiotic statement than this?!

You know, I'm so glad the local premed student is going to be my surgeon for a procedure I need soon. She may not know how to perform surgery, but I'm confident she'll figure it out while she's cutting me open.

C'mon, you realize your comparison is way off. We all know Trump will have advisers and experienced people helping him. He won't make any decisions without consulting experienced help. The premed student can make one bad move and kill the patient instantly.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 6:01 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
C'mon, you realize your comparison is way off. We all know Trump will have advisers and experienced people helping him. He won't make any decisions without consulting experienced help. The premed student can make one bad move and kill the patient instantly.

Ah, but will he listen?

Let's hope he will.

ruby slippers

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 6:22 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:

This analogy is a bit off- the premed student has the intern looking over his shoulder and is guiding him throughout the surgery .....

Just curious, and I am asking this in all seriousness - those who feel like WWIII is about to arrive did you feel the same way when Obama was voted in?

Maya

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 6:30 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:

No, we don't all know that he will have advisors that he will listen to.

Throughout his entire campaign, he has blatantly ignored his advisors and rejected their suggestions. His Twitter account was literally taken away from him last week because he couldn't be trusted not to blow himself up in some crazy way. He's a narcissist and an egomaniac, and the last thing I would do is trust him to supposedly listen to advisors. Throughout this entire campaign, that is the one argument I couldn't believe people were making, when every single drop of evidence pointed to the contrary.

ruby slippers

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 7:12 pm
Maya wrote:
No, we don't all know that he will have advisors that he will listen to.

Throughout his entire campaign, he has blatantly ignored his advisors and rejected their suggestions. His Twitter account was literally taken away from him last week because he couldn't be trusted not to blow himself up in some crazy way. He's a narcissist and an egomaniac, and the last thing I would do is trust him to supposedly listen to advisors. Throughout this entire campaign, that is the one argument I couldn't believe people were making, when every single drop of evidence pointed to the contrary.

One could make the same argument about Hillary. Except the listening to advisors- she would listen, but then think about who would be advising her.

tichellady

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 7:31 pm
eema1 wrote:
One could make the same argument about Hillary. Except the listening to advisors- she would listen, but then think about who would be advising her.

one could make that argument but it would be a poor argument...

ectomorph

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 7:31 pm
Obama had less leadership experience than Trump when he started.

tichellady

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 7:34 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Obama had less leadership experience than Trump when he started.

please explain what you mean here because I am not sure how you could actually think that...

ectomorph

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 8:41 pm
tichellady wrote:
please explain what you mean here because I am not sure how you could actually think that...

Obama had zero leadership experience. Being in the Senate for 2 years is not leadership. Despite having a greater than 50%approval rating he couldn't get people to vote for Hilary against the buffoon.

seeker

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 10:59 pm
So I just listened to Hillary's concession speech. It was really classy. And it made me realize that if there's one thing I regret about her losing, it's that we never got the chance to find out how the Donald would have reacted to losing LOL One last bit of entertainment before buckling down to see how the least-anticipated presidency ever pans out.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 11:03 pm
seeker wrote:
So I just listened to Hillary's concession speech. It was really classy. And it made me realize that if there's one thing I regret about her losing, it's that we never got the chance to find out how the Donald would have reacted to losing LOL One last bit of entertainment before buckling down to see how the least-anticipated presidency ever pans out.

IYH, we will get that show in 2020.

Anyone have a time machine for me?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 6:40 am
youngishbear wrote:
I am reassured that in fact, slightly less than half of America agrees with this. She actually won the popular vote.

If in the end this came down to gerrymandering, it makes it easier for me to swallow this humiliation. Americans are more or less good and decent... with a quirky political system that somehow respects and tramples on regional diversity, all at the same time.

Cheers. Cheers

Funny you mention gerrymandering. I consider Hugh Hewitt somewhat sane as far as RW talk show hosts go and he was concerned about Clinton SCOTUS doing some gerrymandering.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 6:49 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Funny you mention gerrymandering. I consider Hugh Hewitt somewhat sane as far as RW talk show hosts go and he was concerned about Clinton SCOTUS doing some gerrymandering.

The party in control of Congress after a census gets to play arts and crafts with the electoral map.

It's one of the less pleasant features of our democracy.

What was his precise concern? As far as I understand it, it's not a judicial issue.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 6:52 am
youngishbear wrote:
The party in control of Congress after a census gets to play arts and crafts with the electoral map.

It's one of the less pleasant features of our democracy.

What was his precise concern? As far as I understand it, it's not a judicial issue.

Not sure. I might be wrong re SCOTUS.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics