Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Shabbos mode Refrigerator brand and model recommendation
1  2  3  Next

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 9:32 pm
Do you have a shabbos mode fridge that you're happy with? What brand and model? In general which brands of fridges are good besides GE? Where is the cheapest place to buy one now, do the Jewish stores also have black friday sales?

yidisheh mama

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 7:50 am
My in-laws have Frigidaire gallery and are very happy.

nicole81

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 1:18 pm
I have the 3 door 26.8 cu ft stainless steel Kitchenaid model with ice and water and I absolutely love it. I got the lowest price from Marine Park Electronics in Brooklyn. Call them for best prices.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 9:25 pm
yidisheh mama wrote:

is this a side by side or french doors? do you have the model number?

yidisheh mama

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 9:34 pm
French door. Don't know model number, sorry.

eschaya

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 12:07 am
I'm also looking for a new refrigerator with Shabbos mode. I'm kind of limited by price (don't want to pay more than 1k), and I'm happy with simple. Ideally, I'd like a side-by-side or freezer door on top (I specifically don't want a freezer drawer). The bigger the better. If any of you have recently bought, please tell me what you do and don't like about yours, as well as the brand (and model number if you know it).
Thanks (hope this is in line with what you are looking for OP, and not a complete hijack of your thread).

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 12:50 am
Whirlpool has a 25 side by side very reasonable about $ 999 people are buying Frigidaire and GE they're the cheapest serve the purpose but you get what you pay for Samsung supposed to be very good

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 1:27 pm
amother wrote:
Whirlpool has a 25 side by side very reasonable about $ 999 people are buying Frigidaire and GE they're the cheapest serve the purpose but you get what you pay for Samsung supposed to be very good

Are you saying Frigidaire is as good as GE?

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 1:29 pm
eschaya wrote:
I'm also looking for a new refrigerator with Shabbos mode. I'm kind of limited by price (don't want to pay more than 1k), and I'm happy with simple. Ideally, I'd like a side-by-side or freezer door on top (I specifically don't want a freezer drawer). The bigger the better. If any of you have recently bought, please tell me what you do and don't like about yours, as well as the brand (and model number if you know it).
Thanks (hope this is in line with what you are looking for OP, and not a complete hijack of your thread).

yes I'm limited by size dimensions about 31 inch depth, plus shabbos mode and they're more expensive ideally wouldn't want to pay more than 1800-2000.
What is a freezer door?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 2:00 pm
yidisheh mama wrote:

I have the Frigidaire French door model too and we're very happy with it bh. Model information linked here. I believe there's an option without the ice maker too.
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....52089

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 3:36 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I have the Frigidaire French door model too and we're very happy with it bh. Model information linked here. I believe there's an option without the ice maker too.
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....52089

thanks ra mom. It looks great except depth won't fit into our space.
Are there any other counterdepth refrigerator up to 31 inches deep, with shabbos mode, energy star certified, no icemaker that anyone can recommend, with model number

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 4:32 pm
Love my Frigidaire.
It may not fit your purpose it's 2 separate piece 1 is refrigerator the other is freezer.
In my old house I had a kitchen aide side by side, panel ready model.
Also very good.
When I had a GE French door it wasn't good.
The French door kept on breaking
The ice maker never made enough ice.
The freezer drawer was always a mess, hard to keep neat.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 4:56 pm
amother wrote:
thanks ra mom. It looks great except depth won't fit into our space.
Are there any other counterdepth refrigerator up to 31 inches deep, with shabbos mode, energy star certified, no icemaker that anyone can recommend, with model number

There should be. Call S&W Appliances or Town Appliances. They are very knowledgeable. In general, Frigidaire is very good for freezers, refrigerators and air conditioners (not necessarily other things) and they do have good shabbos mode features on some of their appliances.
Just make sure you speak to someone knowledgeable and don't just go off of the specs on the Internet, since some items say shabbos mode but don't have full shabbos mode after all.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 5:01 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Just make sure you speak to someone knowledgeable and don't just go off of the specs on the Internet, since some items say shabbos mode but don't have full shabbos mode after all.

You should also verify that the shabbos mode has a hechser (Star-K) -- anyone can claim they have a shabbos mode, but without a hechsher, it may or may not do what it should do.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 5:10 pm
Just wondering, does Shabbat mode just stop the light (and anything else) from turning on when you open the door, or does it also disable the thermostat so opening the door won't cause the motor to turn on sooner? Or do some models do the first and some both or can you set whichever one your LOR says you need?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 5:21 pm
Go the the Star-K website for all the info you need. If you have further questions you can call them or email them. They're the pros when it comes to this subject.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 7:04 pm
If you're willing to spend in the 2000 range to go Samsung

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 5:55 am
amother wrote:
If you're willing to spend in the 2000 range to go Samsung

is samsung considered good for fridges?

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 8:50 am
Much higher quality and the whole inside made so much nicer and better

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 9:27 pm
amother wrote:
Much higher quality and the whole inside made so much nicer and better

what model do you have?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen